Maison Margiela Artisanal Haute Couture F/W 2020.21 Paris

Fulton St Critique

Reaction score
John Galliano showed a 47-second video for Margiela's Artisanal Co-Ed A/W 2020 collection in partnership with SHOWstudio. As houses have been propelled into showcasing shows/collections via a digital platform I am optimistic and excited to see how they chose to do so. While there is no true replacement that could substitute the energy and life behind the traditional fashion show, I believe this new format could come close. The short clip is dramatic, extremely creative, and imaginative. I look forward to seeing the remainder of the project and if this will impact how other designers go about displaying their collections.

Link to video:

Looks promising! Don't know about the horror movie music though, but at least I didn't see any coats or sheer sheaths so that's a plus.

Looks promising! Don't know about the horror movie music though, but at least I didn't see any coats or sheer sheaths so that's a plus.
Agreed! I like the use of infrared though, especially where this technology will be implemented to see potential fever! Music aside, I really enjoyed the concept.

Hard to decipher but at least it's not dull, seems right for Margiela. Wonder if the colors will be as flamboyant as the effect makes it seem.

I’ll wait until next week but I have huge expectations after that couture master class of last season.

Am I watching ANOTHER deconstructed trench coat under those LSD induced colours???

I won´t call this video creative nor imaginative...headache-inducer and pretentious fits it better.

Just Nick Knight playing with his computer again...

Last edited:

Don't let Phuel hear you say this, lol.

I do admire the fact that Margiela manages to keep steadfast against the ever imposing streetwear/hypebeast market. Because when you actually think of it, it's probably the brand that's most at risk. I hope I'm not painting the devil on the wall here because they are starting to roll out loads of stores in Asia.

Am I watching ANOTHER deconstructed trench coat under those LSD induced colours???

I won´t call this video creative nor imaginative...headache-inducer and pretentious fits it better.

To be fair, it is the first clip of the series and only 47-seconds at that, how much can we really expect at the moment. I hate to pull this card, but I love Galliano's work (granted it has not been strong recently) and I would rather have a short clip than a cancellation at this point.

To be fair, it is the first clip of the series and only 47-seconds at that, how much can we really expect at the moment. I hate to pull this card, but I love Galliano's work (granted it has not been strong recently) and I would rather have a short clip than a cancellation at this point.

I´d rather see the clothes the model is wearing. That 80s style music video edit is horrible.

Amen!
I hate « creatives fashion videos ». I’ve been watching a lot of old school Couture presentations from the 60’s, 70’s and even 80’s on the French vidéos archives and it’s much more enjoyable to just have a girl walking, showing the outfit with a background commentary from the designer!

Nick Knight is great and I love his music video for Tom Ford but I just want to see the clothes, some good music and a good model to make them live! No pretentious « creatives » effects!

Amen!
I hate « creatives fashion videos ». I’ve been watching a lot of old school Couture presentations from the 60’s, 70’s and even 80’s on the French vidéos archives and it’s much more enjoyable to just have a girl walking, showing the outfit with a background commentary from the designer!

Nick Knight is great and I love his music video for Tom Ford but I just want to see the clothes, some good music and a good model to make them live! No pretentious « creatives » effects!

Totally! We are here for the clothes!

Omfg did anyone else watch the premiere of S.W.A.L.K.?? That was SO well worth the wait. A dream come true

Omfg did anyone else watch the premiere of S.W.A.L.K.?? That was SO well worth the wait. A dream come true

It was such an experience, loved that we got a mini-documentary explaining the influences and everything that went into the show.

Veiled statues dancing under club lights is not something I could've ever imagined but it was magical. The clothes looked wonderful.

It was live streamed on their Instagram. I do not see an uploaded version on their website, YouTube, or IGTV

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->