Maison Margiela Artisanal Mens S/S 2019 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by dodencebt, Jun 23, 2018.

1. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

2. dodencebt

3. dodencebt

4. dodencebt

I think this is my favorite John Galliano outing at Margiela so far. Exquisite pieces with exquisite styling in an exquisite setting. The construction and quality of the basics are to die for, and juxtaposed with the more experimental garments like the embroidered boiler suit, the kimono jacket and the leather skinny pants in deep pastels make the collection very dreamy for me.

5. Nymphaea

Nymphaea Well-Known Member

In a way it feels very luxury and interesting.

6. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I love this. I must admit that this with Tom Ford, Rick Owens and some very few others is one of my favorite menswear collection of the season.

Galliano is an extraordinary menswear designer and the menswear in his own line was perfect. Unfortunately, it has never really found his audience because (IMO) of the theatrics and the high drama that most of the time overwhelmed the clothes.

The biais cut and a lot of those things that he has done here has been shown in the past but it's interesting to see it now.

But i'm concerned. A lot of men that i know wears Margiela for a long time. Margiela over the years has also challenged men in the type of clothes he has made. I remember a time when they made sequined leggings, cropped trench coat, green jeans at a time where maybe men weren't daring enough, big shoulders suits and coats and all. Even after Martin, Margiela menswear was very consistent and confident.

I'm maybe wrong but i don't think that those clothes, with this kind of presentation can speak to that audience.
    I'm very curious to see the coed show, the collection without all the theatrics because i love it.

And i must admit that i really like the fact that he brought back tailoring on the forefront. I think the streetwear thing is a little bit already dated and i wish that with Riccardo and Hedi in September, there will be a "contre-proposition" to all that mess.

I would totally buy the peacoat for my man and steal it from time to time.

7. maxlinden

maxlinden Active Member

I was drooling!! I LIVE! Love when John does french revolution/fetish/Japanese inspirations. Through all the over-the-top styling were incredible menswear pieces.

8. IndigoHomme

IndigoHomme Well-Known Member

The outerwear and the orient inspired pieces are GORGEOUS

9. christian zh

christian zh Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna say much, STUNNING.

10. Vitamine W

Vitamine W Well-Known Member

The real event of this fashion week. Move over LV, this was simply sensational. I couldnt even believe certain looks, so fresh and astoundingly modern. An absolute highlight. Chapeau.

11. Fashionstuff

Fashionstuff http://fashionworldstuff.

Gorgeous!
    The best of Paris till now!

12. CholoChic

CholoChic Active Member

John Galliano is so alive, making so desirable pieces that affirming the joy of living

13. StoneSkipper

StoneSkipper Well-Known Member

The amount of details is spectacular. I absolutely love this.

14. vetements

vetements Member

Lola,
    I personally bought Martins artisanal line before and whilst I appreciate what John is doing here, they are very different, style wise from Martins, so I don’t buy, and I also don’t see why who like will the stuff shown here not like the theatrical aesthetics.
    I think the set compliments the clothes actually. Especially if the John Galliano from before is what they were buying into.
    I feel this is catering more to those genre of clients than say the previous Margielas clientele, like an entire new brand.

Granted, I still see some items under the 14 line and 22 line that were from the previous designer.

#14 vetements, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited by moderator : Jun 23, 2018
  15. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

I love it. Breathtaking.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: This is another level of fashion.

16. Fashionstuff

Fashionstuff http://fashionworldstuff.

This collection has something similar, some kind of feeling .with Galliano's Dior , or i mistake?
    I loved his theatralic Dior and the clothes here have a touch of this theatralic effect from that time, i love it.

17. VogueDisciple93

VogueDisciple93 Active Member

I may dislike him but I must admit this is SUBLIME!

18. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

WOW. Finally something really exciting. That's what I've been waiting for. Made me feel alive and forget all those disastrous designers and fashion victims out there. And it's about time that something "mainstream" talks about glamour for men. Almost every collection is so... straight? I mean, there are good clothes here and there but they are very shy and boring in a way. Madness is rarely exposed on menswear. And I know that there are a lot of designers -LFW is a big example- doing crazy sh#t but it's only for the sake of showing how avant garde they are.

Just perfection. I would love to make a big text but the collection speaks for itself. Margiela bringing out the best of Johnnie. I'd drop Paul H from the casting but that's my personal taste.

So excellent to be translated into words.

19. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Active Member

YAAASS KING!!!

I love the fact that he's reviving a lot of Galliano's classics and greatly emphasized them here: from the corsetry to the bias cutting to the homage to flamenco and bullfighting, he shows us once again that he's a master of technical and aesthetic subversion. I particularly adore the way he sets the bourgeois feel of his tailoring against the extreme theatrics of gold crystal, leather, vinyl, ostrich feather, and color-blocking styling.

Simply put, this collection has both restored and solidified my faith in menswear.

20. mepps

mepps Active Member

This is a great collection.
    Feels more like the old him, rather than Margiela.