Maison Margiela Haute Couture F/W 2022.23 Paris

Altho the looks in the hospital scene were GORG. ESPECIALLY the red and white looks. To die for.

I am literally begging you just do a normal runway show please
Haha, same thought. When I saw it was a play, I turned it off so fast. It was like an awful midwest high school play what little I did see … not a fashion show during haute couture week by one of the greatest couturiers of our time.

The presentation was a complete cacophony. We are begging to simply see the clothes.

Also opening the show with guns and gunfire is beyond the pale right now. I understand that a lot of work must have went into the staging, but there's been months of gun violence in America –much of it involving children.

One of the script lines (around 2:40) literally says: "Not like this. My baby! My sweet little girl!" followed by a gunshot and blood splatter.

John and his team should have asked themselves, "Should we be doing this? Is there, perhaps, another way to tell this story?"

Attendees with any decency should have walked out.

pls john, just show us the clothes :cry:

those rene-gruau-esque coats in the hospital scene tho :clap::buzz:

definitely my fave showing of the season, but i'm just a delusional stan

Last edited:
The presentation was a complete cacophony. We are begging to simply see the clothes.

Also opening the show with guns and gunfire is beyond the pale right now. I understand that a lot of work must have went into the staging, but there's been months of gun violence in America –much of it involving children.

One of the script lines (around 2:40) literally says: "Not like this. My baby! My sweet little girl!" followed by a gunshot and blood splatter.

John and his team should have asked themselves, "Should we be doing this? Is there, perhaps, another way to tell this story?"

Attendees with any decency should have walked out.
Now we can't do anything because something happened in USA? Give me a break.

I´ve just seen a few pic on Vogue.com.. the red opera coat is amazing!! It would have been awesome seeing it on a normal fashion show...

They've been doing literally everything to make the clothes impossible to see. Gifs, movies, now a play and an artsy lookbook, it's just way too much at this point because for once I'd like to see the looks. Such a shame because this collection seems to have amazing pieces! But that's exactly why I've already lost my patience with John.

I am not watching a 40 minute long movie but good luck to the buyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camerontroy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->