Maison Margiela Haute Couture S/S 2019 Paris

Galliano had all of his models.....stepping out of a damn steam-train!!! The show is completely mind blowing....and the clothes??....OMFG!!!

Always a spectacular show from Galliano. Granted....they could be ** too ** dramatic at times...but omg...his creative range and imagination!!

Always a spectacular show from Galliano. Granted....they could be ** too ** dramatic at times...but omg...his creative range and imagination!!

My favourite collection from Galliano, when he showed he was totally perfect for haute couture:

I like some pieces and concepts from his whole work at Margiela; but it pales in comparison to his glorious days in the 90s.

Disappointed, again and mad for the first time. What is this Galliano? You didn't have time to edit and refine? You just cant destroy some fabric and put it on the runaway just because you at Margiela, Jesus.. You better than this. The last two black outfits are the only good looks here.

Ok, yeah. I need to see this on livestream. NO WAY for me to make head or tail looking at these images.

In motion is even worse lol

I'm not sure what kind of input Suzy Menkes has towards Galliano for MMM haute coutute....or if she's involved with any of the decision making in regards to any fashion designer?? I'm aware of who she is....but I don't think she has any involvement. She's merely an editor for Vogue International Magazine. Her criticisms or accolades about a collection are made after a collection has already been presented...not during or before.

I just wanna see the details I know I will fall in love with this collection
from far looks like my painting studio in examns days.

If there's anybody who should be held accountable...for the demise of MMM.....it would have to be Renzo Rosso...the CEO of the Diesel Jeans Corp. I'm not sure if he has any involvement with Margiela Haute Couture....but he's definitely in charge of MMM. Back in 2004\05....the Diesel Jeans Corp was involved in a huge corporate buy-out... in regards to Maison Martin Margiela. It was Renzo Rosso who made Martin walk away from the company he established and owned, independently. Martin refused to negotiate with Renzo....which in turn....left Martin with less and less control of his own company...and less control of the decision making. Martin stuck around for 5 years under the direction of Renzo and the OTB group (2004-09)...and eventually called it quits. Renzo isn't entirely to blame...Martin agreed to the contract and terms of the corporate buy-out....but it was...and is.....Renzo who initiated the whole ordeal.

Similar situation happened with Helmut Lang..and Jil Sander. Both of them were purchased by The Prada Group.

Similar situation happened with Helmut Lang..and Jil Sander. Both of them were purchased by The Prada Group.

The irony with Prada is that today, the Helmut Lang business from back in the day is the model to follow while Prada struggled a lot when it was time to adapt to the times.

It makes me sad, when i see brands like Dries or Rick, to see a brand like Helmut Lang. He had so much potential.
Dior Homme as a business is totally inspired by Helmut Lang.

Azzedine was really clever to walk away from Prada and go to Richemont.

On one hand I think that Martin should have remained independent but at that time, I guess he took a chance. The climate was about everybody buying brands and as with Fendi, I guess the price was too good to refuse!

I think Renzo R. respected more the spirit of Margiela than what he did to Marni. He destroyed that brand IMO.

What truly bothers me...is the fact that so many fashion designers who were once independent and not owned by a corporate conglomerate....have sold their soul. They've become sell-out's. Helmut Lang isn't designing Helmut Lang. He met his demise over a decade ago. 2 other designers (who I don't know....or even give a shat to research)...are presenting what's being shown under Helmut's name. 2 designers who are trying to present a collection... "in the spirit and style ....of Helmut Lang." That simply sounds like corporate bullshat, to me. Helmut Lang is long gone. I wish the Prada group would just bury it and move on.

Martin Margiela.......or...Mar-Jella (as he's otherwise known in other social circles).....will go down in history as being the designer of those paint-splatter sneakers...and the Aids t-shirt. Granted....the real title of that t-shirt....is properly known as The Positive t-shirt....because of the positive message it tries to convey. Comme Des Garcons will go down in history as the designer who makes the sneakers with the heart patch with eyeballs (That garbage Play collection)...and Helmut Lang will be remembered for his bondage trousers.

What truly bothers me...is the fact that so many fashion designers who were once independent and not owned by a corporate conglomerate....have sold their soul. They've become sell-out's.
I’ve always felt they were forced to . Look at any independent designer of the last 20 years - I can count those who survived without ‘selling out’ on one hand .. actually come to think of it there’s not one single designer I can think of . It seems that the reality of independent designers is simply “sell or die”.

trying to think of who’s still there . Bernhard Willhelm ? Vandevorst? but they are part of a group in Antwerp right ? Sharon Wauchob?
Peter Pilotto , is he independent still? Lutz Huelle? actually the only one who succeeded properly is Rick Owens , but even there I don’t know if he’s still independent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoutshonor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->