Maison Martin Margiela Haute Couture F/W 09.10 Paris

It's a pity Margiela team don't work the body shape anymore in this artisanal collection. I can understand it cause they want to put attention to the garments. The collection is very good anyway.

I also like the bolero.....I have to say I'm not completely dissapointed....it's definately not the best I've seen from MM but it's interesting to say the least.

artisanal used to be so extraordinary and perhaps the most original line left after diesel snapped up part of his company. it's a shame.

artisanal used to be so extraordinary and perhaps the most original line left after diesel snapped up part of his company. it's a shame.
Yes it was and I feel like everyone is saying this is what he has always done but I dont think so he was amazing and its just not like that in this collection. There was great construction innovative material ect but now it looks like a kid trying to imitate Margiela. :angry: rant over sorry if you disagree.

^completely agree. i suggest anyone who thinks this is what MMM Artisnal/HC has always been....go look through his archives on his web site. we even have a few threads with possible images still visible. those before last season was MMM at their most authentic...most thoughtful....and most creative.

I can't help but feel like something is going on here and we're not getting the full story. These do seem like imitations or something.

And I also an intrigued by the empty chairs and the one (male?) foot we see in some of the shots. Hmmmm. :lol:

some pictures from the showroom.
maison_martin_margiela_caw09_058.jpg
maison_martin_margiela_caw09_059.jpg

maison_martin_margiela_caw09_062.jpg
maison_martin_margiela_caw09_063.jpg

maison_martin_margiela_caw09_066.jpg
maison_martin_margiela_caw09_053.jpg

catwalk.knack.be

How different looks this collection seeing these shots. Clear-sighted. Margiela pass the season with a good mark. Thanks for the pictures indeed.

still doesn't have the spirit about it to me...seems more commercial. i do like that b&w dotted coat and the bungee fringe gilet.

The black & white piece is really fantastic...

I had no idea that Diesel now owned a bit MMM. Makes total sense..
I am only loving the accessories @ the moment...
The r-t-w and artisanal collections have been pretty dire for some time now...

I love the Eyelash vest but that still doesn't change my mind.

am i the only who finds this very safe for an artisanal? it's very lovely but seems to lack that typical mmm spark as a whole. and i know this is recycled but i've never known margiela to recycle looks too.

no you are not alone scott
this is plain horrid :cry:

why can't they just move on from the shoulders and the ridiculous bodysuits?? Let us see the models and new clothes with great cut and materials. Cheap plastic pen-lids or chinatown fans really don't make it innovative these days. Margiela used to be cool, but now it's stuck in a rut and bordering an embarrassment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->