Maison Martin Margiela HC S/S 09

thanks for the close-ups, kiddokiddo :smile: I think Margiela always captures the true essence of fashion as he creates revolutionary pieces and has a really iconic style, like the hidding of the models' identity, and usage of unusual materials, etc.

oooh i dig the white jacket! the shoulders, lapels, every inch of of the piece is amaaazing!

the presentation may be almost the same to the RTW show last oct but still, i love it!

I like this collection more every time I look at it. It's really remarkable how he can take such unconventional materials and fashion high quality garments out of them. I didn't even notice before that the white jacket had a paper towel-like texture to it, and the dress made of combs and hair clips is just beyond words.

I love how his conceptual/abstract art. Fashion design, for me, is an art, just as music, or dance, or sculpture or any of the arts. And, as in arts, there are leves and genres. And Martin Margiela is maybe the only that's making conceptual art. His clothes may not be as wearable as others, but they are definitely amazing to look at, whether it's to look at the details, the colors, the shapes, the concepts. I love this

here are some look-book shots with descriptions from his web site-
"TATTOO JACKET"
Patterns of tattoos made of drinking straws are applied on a nude color leather sleeveless fitted jacket.
pop-pe9-0-1.jpg

SHADES OF DENIM"
Vintage jeans in various shades of denim are cut in strips and applied on an asymmetrical denim overall.
pop-pe9-0-2.jpg

"SEQUIN TOP"
Sequin embroideries of vintage garments are assembled and molded on a bust to create a sequin top.
pop-pe9-0-3.jpg

"SHOESTRING DRESS"
A long dress is composed of shoestrings in various materials. Certain parts of the dress (shoulder, waist) are hand-woven to create a motif.
pop-pe9-0-4.jpg

"HAIR-COMB SHORT DRESS"
Hair-combs in plastic, tortoiseshell or horn are cut and assembled on a metal chain to make a short dress.
pop-pe9-0-5.jpg

*maisonmartinmargiela.com

"KITE TUNIC"
A tunic is made from a kite, the patterns of which are embroidered with multicolored fringes.
pop-pe9-0-6.jpg

MASK BOLERO"
Hair of supple latex masks are applied on a leather bolero.
pop-pe9-0-7.jpg

"PAPER TOWEL TUXEDO JACKET"
Sheets of paper towel with a variety of motifs are quilted and assembled on a silk taffeta structure to form a tuxedo jacket.
pop-pe9-0-8.jpg

"FLAKE DRESS"
A ball dress is cut in disks that are hand-embroidered on a silk chiffon to recompose the dress re-assembled in flakes.
pop-pe9-0-9.jpg

"PLASTIC FUR JACKET"
Plastic garment label fastenings cover a leather straight jacket creating a herringbone pattern fur.
pop-pe9-0-10.jpg

Wow!!! How BEAUTIFUL!!! I think this is very Margiela and stunning. My fav is the white blazer. The tailor is just so sharp and to the extreme.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"