Maison Martin Margiela Mens F/W 09.10 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by kiddokiddo, Jan 25, 2009.

1. kiddokiddo

kiddokiddo New Member

2. TraiT

TraiT New Member

HAHA! Criminals presentation. But I don't think it's MMM enough though..

Need to see more to judge. Thanks again kiddokiddo, you're awesome! :D

3. kiddokiddo

kiddokiddo New Member

4. kiddokiddo

kiddokiddo New Member

5. kiddokiddo

kiddokiddo New Member

6. Zazie

Zazie Active Member

This person can DO NO WRONG. Collection after collection, it's just perfect. Perfect shoulder pads, perfect cut, perfect materials, perfect colours. This one is conservatively cool.

7. mikka000

mikka000 New Member

i agree. that sums up this collection well. not as ostentatious as previous collections. a bit more understated. nice sharp jackets (both the suit jackets and more casual styles) and a nice kinda gritty colour pallette.
    this collections channels gritty 70s new york of 'taxi driver' et al really well. helped along by the models. especially the guy with the tattoos on his face. very nice!

8. fincher

fincher Active Member

i love this collection, want every piece of it. First i thought, the best of men´s fashion for next season is McQueen, but now I m sure, these clothes are a bit better. Cause it´s very casual, but with a lot of specific and funny details. Great cuts, materials and colours. Margiela is my hero!

9. luckyme

luckyme Active Member

cool concept, the line-up. the lapels on the jackets and coats are nice. especially like the last brown look in #5.

10. prettypouf

prettypouf New Member

That is a totally perfect review of it.

I loved this collection, it is so strong and it has a definite luxury to it. I want almost every piece.
    The criminal line-up idea is pretty inegenious-- it's simple and I can't think of any shows that it has been done with before.:blush: Absoultely perfectly executed though!

11. Crying Diamonds

Crying Diamonds Geometric Discharge

I don't like it.
    Love the last red boots.

12. Zazie

Zazie Active Member

Love your take on the gritty 70s. Times are different - it is pragmatic of him to keep it simple. To do a "suspects" line-up and then make these scruffy "convicts" look so darn good - there's only MMM. Anyone can put anything on a model and the model will look good. Only a rare few can send out old guys and "rig-raff" and make them drop dead gorgeous...sigh.

13. Zazie

Zazie Active Member

Thank you...^_^, but the perfection belongs to MMM, really. He never bores, never looks like he tries too hard and his clothes are never over-done and ridiculous even though they scream designer. There's a lot to love in this one!:woot: The "splattered" effect on the silk of those impeccable suits....tdf!!

#13 Zazie, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited by moderator lumineux: Jan 25, 2009
  14. Inaya

Inaya vertebrae by vertebrae

I love this collection. :heart: The cut of Margiela's jackets are truly a thing of beauty. I love the whole vibe and aesthetic of his menswear; he's the only one who gets this look quite right, imo.

15. Magne

Magne New Member

Love it! :woot:

Love the models and the presentation too! ^_^

16. vetements

vetements Member

zazie,
    my sentiments exactly. it is not easy for 'regular man' to look this good. in a way, the look is also more accessible now (perhaps due to renzo?).
    are you a margiela fan as well?
    time over again, i told myself not to just stick to buying just one designer, but i just cannot help it once i see margiela's new collections every 6 months.

this collection albeit is one that draws a lot of inspirations from his own past collections (knits, cigarette shoulders, ski jackets, playing with lapels, great color palette and coordination), i do see some new elements thrown it (red wine stains, rain-stained leather jackets, looks are even more scruffier now), which is really cool.
    i wont usually buy a pair of red boots but the way it is coordinated, i just may.
    it s also a pity that the artisanal collections are becoming harder for one to lay their hands on now.

this is really my favourite collection to date and i suspect it will be for the whole season.

#16 vetements, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Jan 25, 2009
  17. fcummi01

fcummi01 New Member

oh man i'm in love.

18. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

i've been hearing a lot of complaints about MMM's low-quality lately. in fact yesterday or prior,on diane pernet's blog,one of her closest collaborators was lambasting the fact the quality of the clothes has dropped considerably. he said that two of the pieces he purchased actually fell apart and ripped. now to me that does not sound like MMM before staff and renzo. and speaking from personal experience,i have a couple of his pieces before the period began and now,and in comparison i can honestly say,the quality is definitely lesser than it was before.

19. fouroclock

fouroclock New Member

I'm afraid of jackets with pockets everywhere (later on in the pictures). It's prone to be worn out.

20. vetements

vetements Member

scott
    i think i know what you mean.
    the pieces i have from more than 10 years ago from the ms deanna days, still are going on very strong, even if it is wool, or the painted car coats etc.
    the staff and renzo ones feel thinner, perhaps not to prone to wear and tear, if that makes sense. this is especially apparent to the tee-shirts, like the barbed wired tee, for eg. and i am fearful that collars might stretch.
    that said, i wont exactly say they fall apart, especially not the coats and jackets. lets hope the quality continues to justify the prices.
    :flower: