Maison Martin Margiela Mens F/W 10.11 Paris

wongak

Reaction score
jcud.jpg

http://twitter.com/systeme_D

MMM! :woot: like the coats with the additional plaid hints and the prints are
quite interesting as well. but somehow i can't make up my mind about all these.
the pieces give off this weird languid boredom, the looks seem almost.. tired.

Last edited by a moderator:
hate it. it looks bland and there is nothing remotely MMM about this. it looks more like a safe gaspard yurkievich to me.

The coat in the second post looks nice...but MMM is never the same again!
:heart:

hate it. it looks bland and there is nothing remotely MMM about this. it looks more like a safe gaspard yurkievich to me.
same here. I know we've said this so much but the magic truly left with the man himself.

Margiela

How sad.

but the mm- menswear designer (i don't know his name) is still the same person who was designing for them during the last years, no?

Not that the mens line was as good as the womens line. But this lacks the core value that margiela stands for. This collection has absolutely NO concept aside from perhaps visual cohesion. You'll find more concept in a Dsquared collection.

This house is done for, they are alienating the audience that once so loved and believed in this house. Its just another of those brands now.

lets take the margiela label away from this collection, its just a collection of pieces we already know. There is no sense of new proportion in this collection. There is no actual design going on, I mean face it, these are just garments we know, with perhaps interesting fabrication and styling.

Atleast they kept the more 'street' models instead of the usual kindergarten parade :wink:

It's definitely not MMM. I mean these clothes look very confident and probably flattering for any male but it's sucks to see this under the MMM name.

you can definitely tell that margiela has exited the house with this collection; there is a large gap of creativity with this collection. it looks dated, not fashion forward & most of the casted models make the collection that much more boring.

I am FLOORED by how streamline this is!!!
There is NOTHING MMM about this........how the mighty have fallen.

i hate it when other people dismiss shows in the way i'm about to dismiss this one: honestly, if i didn't read the title of this thread, i'd have thought the pictures posted came from a runway presentation for APC. they're not unfashionable persay, just completely hackneyed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->