Maison Martin Margiela Pre-Fall 2009

Bengt

Reaction score
For pre-fall, Martin Margiela launched his Avant Premiere collection for Maison Martin Margiela, with laser-cut dresses and T-shirts, webby knits, circular sweaters as well as asymmetric outerwear — all paired with skinny jeans or leggings.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

wwd

These all look sloppy and badly proportioned.

it's.....safe and normal....:o

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree its so normal but it looks just like what I wear anyway so I like it but not for him.

I would have to say that, the clothes are very MMM, but it's just that the model had a hard time pulling them off. The poses, are obviously very uncomfortable. So MAYBE, that's why they looked kinda bad...

Besides the fur piece, and the second look, I'm loving the others. :D

I like it. It's nothing over the top. Everything a pre-fall collection should be. I quite like the proportions. It's definitly a MMM collection.

^ dunno what youre smokin holmes :rolleyes:

she looks great.

fall preview from MMM is pretty new. The deconstructed bomber looks nice
so does the camel coat. like someone said. very safe.. but thts what previews look like most of the time. overall this isnt mindblowing but some nice pieces here and there.

i normally disagree with people who criticize margiela for being more and more commercial... but this is.... well... VERY commercial!

with the infamous crisis that everyone mentions when analysing every single collection, i thought a house like margiela would tend to differentiate themselves more, not the opposite. this makes mmm as atractive as any other rtw-mainstream label, so in the end it dilutes their possibilities of getting a spot on the market, as the concurrance is much tougher!

The pieces themselves are very nice.
The styling is really dull, though. It's very 'editor-esque'.

you know so many people have a big misconception about margiela....before staff intl. bought part of his business,he was actually doing accessible clothes in his 6 line. however,because his mainline was and is so esoteric his other lesser-known lines were easily overshadowed and people easily forget how broad-minded his work as a whole really is.

i like this collection. its simple and its quirky. although i don't understand the point. i'm still not sure if the premise was based on MMM's idea or renzo? i mean he already does simple quirky things in his ① & ④ lines.

The fourth look is very interesting. I'm sure that the fall collection won't be this safe and wearable.

it's.....safe and normal....:o
yes could be but there is some nice construction details
the slashes, the diagonal darting on the leather skirt, the empire waist ruffle dress, scarf collar, and the two-pieced red trench.. it's very 'classic' i guess with some unique design, cannot be dated which can be a good thing ..& i love it paired with that sort of fluffy coloured scarf

I like it overall.
It's Pre Fall, so I think it should be different and safer/more commercial than usual. Shapes still look like MMM, but it's just more wearable, which doesn't have to be bad thing as long as he stays true to his eccentricity in regular seasons.

i like it :smile:
as someone said before it's kinda safe but i really love the structure!

What's wrong with this? Looks fine to me. love the colors and I'd love to wear a bunch of the pieces.

I agree, this actually looks pretty good.

Plus I find the model extremely attractive....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->