Maison Martin Margiela Resort 2011

fierceboi

Reaction score
Reworking iconic men’s wear styles, the Paris-based house offers chic elongated jackets, military-flavored tailoring and soft shirts that morph into feminine dresses. More conceptual — and tricky — are short or long dresses with sewn-shut hems, the legs emerging from horizontal slits.

Source WWD

Attachments

• maison-martin-margiela01.jpg
    maison-martin-margiela01.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 15
  • maison-martin-margiela02.jpg
    maison-martin-margiela02.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 22
  • maison-martin-margiela03.jpg
    maison-martin-margiela03.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 22
  • maison-martin-margiela04.jpg
    maison-martin-margiela04.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 17
  • maison-martin-margiela05.jpg
    maison-martin-margiela05.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 14
  • maison-martin-margiela06.jpg
    maison-martin-margiela06.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 13
  • maison-martin-margiela07.jpg
    maison-martin-margiela07.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 9
  • maison-martin-margiela08.jpg
    maison-martin-margiela08.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 7
  • maison-martin-margiela09.jpg
    maison-martin-margiela09.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 13
  • maison-martin-margiela10.jpg
    maison-martin-margiela10.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 9
^ Me too. Everything looks so cozy and wearable. Not what I would expect from a brand like Margiela.

It's very MMM.. But i think it won't hurt to do a lot more color, instead of the same boring black white brown

I love how relaxed and easily cool this looks. Plus, I'm loving the styling as well.

arent the models suppose to have their faces covered?

this confuses me quite honestly. it seems like they're either trying too hard to be clever and quirky or very commercial. i'm just not finding the balance in it whatsoever. it feels a bit over-zealous,almost as if they lazily threw things together in such a way just to pass it off in the former MMM spirit. it's just ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
very chic... I find that beige is overused but overall I see a very wearable collection within the separates.

i wish i could see how the clothes are constructed. love the laid back atmosphere but dislike the 3rd look. looks as if she's half way in that thing where corpses are put.

i agree with some others that i quite enjoy this more laid back vibe from this collection. definitely one of the better collections since mm's departure.
i find in this collection the designer/s are actually not trying SO hard to do what mm did, it still have the mmm spirit but with a warmer touch, almost like a woman's touch. it is softer and for better or worse term, wearable and approachable instead of being very mm where the models are masked or the models look too cool.

I have never been a fan of MMM but I am loving this collection so far, the second look is just beautiful. The only thing is that this does not look like the regular MMM style.

I definetely find that first look very appealing.

there are a lot of wearable pieces that I would love to have that is for sure

What junk.
Almost like a parody of MMM.

finally someone sees what crap this is!

the house is dead. putting the word resort, in the same sentence as margiela almost scares me. the past couple season under diesel have been some of the worst for margiela.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"