Maison Martin Margiela S/S 10 Paris

there are a few nice pieces but a majority that ruin the whole thing. the girls look like they are wearing nappies. noone wants to look like they are wearing a nappy. CHAPS?? oh come on. what is this?

fashion math: p[(v-c) - g] = rosso's margiela,
where:
p=profit desire
v=martin margiela visual tropes
c=concept
g=good taste

Did anybody else read Sarah Mower's review on style.com?

"The subject of whether or not the founder is still at the helm may be shrouded in mystery, but this much can be said: What was sent out for Spring was such a stuttering, ill-sequenced pastiche of the rigorous, witty, avant-garde thinking that used to stream out here that it is almost unkind to enumerate the ways in which it disappointed."

It really was a mess, but ouch though!

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/S2010RTW-MMARGIEL

O~M~G..I dun like this so-called 'MMM' new collection at all, the decorative details are too much and busy!

god bless sarah mower for being so honest,given the advertising machine of diesel. most in her position wouldn't be so blunt with their opinion,but i can almost expect it from her given what a die-hard,long-time fan she's been of MMM.

and i have to agree with her wholeheartedly...it really was a pastiche and sadly only rendering to the surface. there was no substance behind anything here.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, here's the e-mail I sent their press office on Oct 2, on Oct 3rd Rosso confirms to WGSN that Margiela's gone. I never received a reply, I assume it's because they knew it was going to be announced...

"Hello,

Please beg my pardon for not writing to you in French, my language skills are not strong enough to compose a formal letter and clearly communicate my ideas. I wanted to know if Martin Margiela is still designing for the Maison and what exactly his role is, if any, with the company. Surely you know there are rumors that he has left, but I wanted an official statement from your office. I thank you in advance for your time and your honest response. "

FYI, here's the e-mail I sent their press office on Oct 2, on Oct 3rd Rosso confirms to WGSN that Margiela's gone. I never received a reply, I assume it's because they knew it was going to be announced...

"Hello,

Please beg my pardon for not writing to you in French, my language skills are not strong enough to compose a formal letter and clearly communicate my ideas. I wanted to know if Martin Margiela is still designing for the Maison and what exactly his role is, if any, with the company. Surely you know there are rumors that he has left, but I wanted an official statement from your office. I thank you in advance for your time and your honest response. "

hehe, Mutterlein, lets presume it was your lovely email that spurred on the public announcement...
good on you :flower:

What do you think about the Line 13 of Margiela's objects? I think they will be sold at the end of october in MMM stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->