Maison Martin Margiela S/S 11 Paris

Even though Margiela has left, the label must live on. It is team Maison after all, and there is still creativity here.
This collection is far superior to the previous two seasons. I think the house have had time to sort themselves out. Totally adore this collection!

This is looking a bit more MMM for once. But the REAL MMM doesn't go backwards. He's much more experimenting than this.
Still, this is interesting.

This collection reminds me of MMM'S sandwich-board sign's from back in the early days. Upon entering some of his boutiques, they had sandwich-boards placed around town on the streets to advertise the store.

Also reminds me a bit of one of his much earlier collections fr/th 90's....the "Flat Collection" where everything was sewed and seamed to lay flat upon itself...such as sleeves/shoulder lines being rounded. Flat when layed upon a table, but 3-dimesional when placed upon the body. I have several of those "Flat" pieces, but at least they're wearable...unlike this collection.

Very high on concept, but the level of wearability is impossible. Albeit, thought provoking.

I really love this. Going to be in my top 10 of the season for sure.

Would like to see how these pieces look from the side.

Why do I keep thinking of Sponge Bob Square Pants?? :lol::lol::lol:

This is a welcome bit of wit.

I love the trench flat on the board!
The shoes are the most interesting part, I wonder what it feels like to wear them?

OMGZ

The Shoes!!!! I'm loving it. Really fresh and very very MMM

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! I really love the collection..... from 3D to 2D but in a 3D format.... It is so fun! Illusion illusion and illusion!!!!! GREAT COLLECTION!!!!!! :heart::heart:

ugly..i will never understand this kind of "fashion" :yuk:

The two last seasons have been so boring, so this is great to see! Shoes are amazing.

I don't like it at all. The thing is that real MMM design came from deep thinking, it was his witty remarks on modern life, all his design 'tricks' was not only beautiful and interesting, but thought-provoking.
These 'new' MMM runways look like mix of some Central Saint Martins MA student shows x Haus of Gaga 'creations'. The only aim is to show some crazy stuff to make people talk , to surprise and shock viewers, made as much as possible editorials, attract clients and sell them casual versions of this stuff that will appear at shops. There is no depth to this clothes, I don't even want to look at it second time or view the details.
Obviously the brand could live without its founder (we've seen enough brilliant examples) but its not MMM's case. They should hire really mature and sophisticated person to replace Margiela, although I'm not sure it will bring more customers for the label ( which is obviously the one and only aim for Rosso)

Look at it and wear it is not the same.

Only in the state does man have a rational existence

"MMM" It is a blank sheet of paper, which is its greatness

Anything can happen at any time where

Pioneers tend to lose benefits, and even worse to the exclusion, but the follow get the wealth.

So, the designer who I do not care

It all seems so ridiculous

The shoes:heart:! Very interesting collection, some of the pieces are (as usual) more design that fashion items, imo.

This collection reminds me of MMM'S sandwich-board sign's from back in the early days. Upon entering some of his boutiques, they had sandwich-boards placed around town on the streets to advertise the store.

Also reminds me a bit of one of his much earlier collections fr/th 90's....the "Flat Collection" where everything was sewed and seamed to lay flat upon itself...such as sleeves/shoulder lines being rounded. Flat when layed upon a table, but 3-dimesional when placed upon the body. I have several of those "Flat" pieces, but at least they're wearable...unlike this collection.

Very high on concept, but the level of wearability is impossible. Albeit, thought provoking.

:o that's a great point MMike!.

to me it reminds me so much of how V+R have been working in the last years. the way they take a singular extreme and mix it in with a bunch a commercial stuff and expect it to be percieved as 'revolutionary'. that's what i'm seeing with MMM right now. again,flat boxes with clothes that look like they come from MM6. it's pretty pathetic because MMM,no matter what, always had a beginning,a middle and an end to every single one of his collections.

Why is people so dissapointed with MMM? from the begigning of this brand, back to the 80's, Margiela wanted to have a label numbered from 0 to 23. It's means, 24 different and possible projects. Is it now illogical sunglasses (8), shoes (22), fragance (3) and many other lines come out? NOOOOO, it's completely coherent and amazing when it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->