Make-Up Products : Yay or Nay ?

Plumour

Reaction score
:woot: " Meteorites : A Shower of heavenly light "

Guerlain created in 1987 the famous Meteorites spheres. These audacious and
magical little pearls were at that time a spectacular innovation and a real event
in the field of make-up. For the year 2000, the Meteorites range is growing with
ever-more delightful and imaginative products.

Meteorites, it is :
- A playful and enchanting universe, refering both to the innocence of childhood
and to a subtile feminity.
- Luminous pastel shades and a real colour change with ultra- fine pearly
particles and shimmering reflections .
- Unusual and voluptuous textures.
- Products which enlighten magically the face for a natural result.
- Precious and sophisticated cases, always faithful to Guerlain's spirit .

Enter the Meteorites universe, a colourful and luminous universe composed of
exceptional products from Guerlain.

*Meteorites Powder for the Face*

An explosion of tender pastel colours.
A luxurious box in homage to the moucharabieh.

- Finishing powder for a perfect complexion.
- Texture: a powder that doesn’t blow away; the spheres, unique and avant-garde
know-how.
- Incomparable radiance of complexion, lighting up the face in an exceptional
manner.
- A gentle perfume of iris and violet.
- Each colour has a specific use. The pink gives a healthy complexion, the green
plays down redness, the mauve attracts light, the white has a whitening effect,
the gold and mother-of-pear bring radiance and highlights.

"Hightlight the central part of your face with a bearm of light from the hairline
to the base of the neck."

*Compact Powder for the Face - Voyage*

Luxury refillable extra flat box in gold or enamel.

- All the radiance and mystery of Meteorites in a luxury powder compact for the
handbag.
- Ideal for travelling or for retouching the make-up during the day.
- The essential accessory for women of refinement.

- Brush the surface of the compact powder with the luxury retractable brush and
apply a film of powder to the face.
- The fine texture of the powder enables retouches to be applied many times over
without there being any buildup.

"To set off your face with a subtle halo of light, apply the Meteorites compact
powder with a blush. For a more intense result, choose the powder puff."

*Radiant Compact Powder Finish*

The Radiant Compact Powder reveals your skin's natural radiance and guarantees
long lasting matness and a flawless finish.

It's the perfect remedy for a dull, lack-lustre appearance!

"Mat is back for complexions !
This ultra-fine, luminous, sheer powder refines the skin's texture, fades away
imperfections and vanishes shiny patches on the T-zone."

The first two have been out for quite a while. I've always seen them around but was never that into it and feel like buying until I read about them from Guerlain's website. They sound more than amazing! If that's really the way they work, they'd be the best powder ever.

What Guerlain say is that all three of them give this lovely glow + a long-lasting matte look. I'm really not sure about this because sheer powders DON'T usually provide a flawless MATTE look for LONG if they've already added the glow on the skin (at least my experiences).

And the 3rd one, Radiant Compact Powder Finish, is it a pressed powder or a powder foundation?

:flower:

post-6-1070353049.gif

Hi Miss Purple!

I have this one, it´s a pressed powder and I :heart: it very much, use it almost daily.

Originally posted by moussemaker@Dec 2nd, 2003 - 5:02 am
post-6-1070353049.gif

Hi Miss Purple!

I have this one, it´s a pressed powder and I :heart: it very much, use it almost daily.
Hi moussemaker! :flower:
does it really give a long-lasting matte look? and does it make the face look heavy and builded up at all?
if I only use it over moisturizer instead of a liquid foundation, do you think it will stay on well enough? and how's the coverage?
sorry I have a lot of questions :blush:

I had the compact, it was nothing different, actually, I didnt liked it, because I think it works great on pale skins, and Im usually after the glowy bronze look...Terracota is my fave product from Guerlain.. :wink: and Petit Guerlain for sleeping :P

Originally posted by Alejandro@Dec 2nd, 2003 - 11:05 am
I had the compact, it was nothing different, actually, I didnt liked it, because I think it works great on pale skins, and Im usually after the glowy bronze look...Terracota is my fave product from Guerlain.. :wink: and Petit Guerlain for sleeping :P
oh yeah? how disappointing then!
I thought it would be like a miracle or something :P
I still wanna try it tho, because I do have pale skin.
but $150 for a compact is kinda expensive...
and I've already wasted too much money on a ton of compacts :lol:

when i was in high school (11 years ago eeekk) everyone wore way too much Terracota on their face.... i remember BEGGING my mom for some!!!! and then after spring break everyone would overdo more to compete in the who is the most tan contest?

i digress, i use Terracota now (appropriately) and love it!

Terracotta is like the Chanel No. 7 of a new generation....

Anyway got any shots of these meteorites in action?

I once made-up my face ivory white and then put an electric blue-streak across my eyes, I thought I looked amazingly cool at the time :doh: :innocent:

My mother has used both the Guerlain Meteorites Powder “sheres” and Meteorites refillable compact for years (I think she still uses them). I’ve never tried the loose powder, but I used to sneak out her compact so much that she gave me one a long time ago. It’s true that the pressed powder is so fine that it never gets cakey or too “done.” Some time ago, I stopped using face powder all together, so I forgot all about it. I think I still have the old compact in my makeup drawer someplace (I’ve long lost the brush). I remember that it had a nice, mild floral scent to it too.

a lot of my friends love the meteroite balls, i've got to get me some :P

So this is kind of like the other beauty threads, but different.

Post what beauty product you are thinking of buying, and let fellow members tell you what they think of them, and if it is worth the money.

Here are the ones I was wondering about:

Ralph Polo shampoo's and conditioners
Estee Lauder foundation
Revlon Aromatherapy hairdryer

Originally posted by lovespell@Feb 16th, 2004 - 6:16 pm
Ralph Polo shampoo's and conditioners
overrated.

i received a bottle of the shampoo (pink bottle, forgot the name) and conditioner (Knot now Knot ever, purple bottle) for christmas and they're pretty must just like normal drugstore brand shampoos, just with the ralph scent

after 2 washes i went back to using my old Aveda instead

now i use them on my cat :lol:

ps, if you're after reviews for different prodcts, check out makeupalley.com

Thanks PradaP. I'm sure your cat enjoys them. :P

I was thinking of the Double Matte foundation, but curious about their foundatioin in general.

Last expensive founation I bought was Lancome photogenic. I wasn't very satisfied at all, and the sales lady matched me to the wrong color. :angry:

I just ended up going out and buying some covergirl oil control foundation.

Any good foundation reccomendations? I'm looking for somthing under $40 a bottle.

the double matte is strange. It kept the oil from coming out on the surface of the skin, but when I washed it off, there are pores filled with just oil. It really can't be good for the skin. I love love love the oil free foundation from Laura Mercier. It is always reviewed as one of the best foundations. It has great, buildable coverage with a natural finish.

Originally posted by tgp@Feb 17th, 2004 - 11:36 am
Laura Mercier. It is always reviewed as one of the best foundations. It has great, buildable coverage with a natural finish.
Great to know that! :shifty:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"