Make your own Barong style Bracelet

toothfairy

Reaction score
In the Netherlands, the barong style Bracelets are very populair, so I did a DIY article about them. I thought maybe people here would like it too:

You need:
- small beads
- big beads
- cotton wool
- pendants
- scissors

The knotting is inspired by the scooby doo technique. Here you can see how to make the knots: scooby-doo technique

The first bracelet is made with "rechte knoop techniek" make two knots and add a small bead on every string. keep knotting till it almost fits your wrist, add a small pendant, like a small coin. make two knots, like on the lower picture and finish the ending with a small bead.
(you can also choose to make three or four knots between the beads)

The second bracelet is made with the "hele weitas knoop" when you made a left and a right knot you add two beads on the side. End the same way as the first bracelet.

The third bracelet is just 5 beads with the "weitas knoop" so it gives a spinning effect. End the same way as the first bracelet.

The last bracelet is the same as the second. But instead of two central strings, you use one. And you add the big beads every two knots on the central string instead of the side strings.

Hope everything is clear! Make your own variations and make your friends happy with them, my friends were very happy with them!
If you still have some questions, I would love to answer them!

i've heard of barong but never with the word bracelet
is it philippine jewelry?

this is the barong i know
photo taken by me
2u9ho45.jpg

This is a great tutorial, please keep giving us more D.I.Y ideas!

Thank you!
Barong Barong is a brand that brings out bracelets that look alot like these. But these are 40 euro. These are 0,50 euro to make!

thanks toothfairy :-P & for the instructions
i think the technique is macrame

Those are very pretty bracelets, I think I might try this.

i've heard of barong but never with the word bracelet
is it philippine jewelry?

I thought of this barong too!

I wish I'd seen this before Christmas. The bracelets would have made great gifts!

toothfairy you're AMAZING! been trying to figure out how to them for a while now! thanks so much for posting this! I knew the knots looked familiar!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->