Makeup and Eyelashes

Originally posted by Hed_Kandi@Nov 30 2004, 10:13 AM
Just get fake ones from the grocery store. That's hot.
[snapback]444527[/snapback]​

I just wish I wasn't so horrible at putting fake eyelashes on. :blush: It's too bad, 'cause I love the look!

eyelashes

okay...all my life i have been wanting long curly eyelashes....mine are very minimal, they dont even curl, the point downwards! and it seems nothing i do makes then long...ive tried curling them, the just fall back to place...and that mascara that says to make your lashes 40% longer doesnt really work on me...it makes them like 5% longer, which is okay, but not good enough lol. is there a way to REALLY make your lashes longer...id start wearing false lashes, but they are hard to apply and too expensive for daily wear.....i mean, they should really have like eyelash perminate extensions or something, please help! thanks

My eyelashes are very short and fine (i cant even perm them). Anyways, have you tried Eye lash extension yet?
I've went for it once and its REALLY good, cost about $150 or so. It will last up to 2 months or so. Apparently, they glue each lash individually to your eyelashes - looks very natural.

Diorshow is the best! I :L: it...It curls, ads volume and length...
I think you can get false eye lashes that last a few days, but I'm not 100% sure...

curly eyelashes

I seem to have super stubborn eyelashes. I've tried the Shu Uemura eyelash curler, but my lashes still weren't very curly. Do you know where I can find maybe a mascara or eyelash curler that would make my lashes really curly?

Thanks!

Heat the eyelash curler w/ a hair dryer before curling. Just be very careful NOT to overheat - don't want to burn your lashes.

Try curling your eyelashes, applying mascara, and then curling them again. I heard this works well but can also break your eyelashes...

Are you Asian by any chance?? I am and I use Shu Uemura the something fibre mascara. It's great! I've also tried:

Shu Uemura basic - my second favourite

Diorshow waterproof - tends to smudge and the brush is big so not very well suited for Asians but it held curl pretty well

the Maybelline (sp) pink and green one - don't bother...I don't understand the hype

the Maybelline great lash? - it's okay, held the curl pretty well but I thought it looked too spidery, and make sure you cover the base coat well

Stylephox said:
Try curling your eyelashes, applying mascara, and then curling them again. I heard this works well but can also break your eyelashes...

That sounds scary! My friend curled her lashes after applying mascara once and her eyelashes stuck to the curler :o :shock:

It depends on what your eyelashes are like. I have long lashes, so for me a curler doesn't make much difference.

Like someone already suggested, heat the curlers slightly before using them. And what I do is apply mascara, brush with translucent powder, and then apply some more. This makes them thicker and longer and (for me anyway) seems to make them curl more.

Good luck!

Are you using the lash curler after you wash your face or something?

I found mine doesn´t work at all after i wash & dried my face. I have to wait at leat 10 minutes between washing and using the curler for the lashes to grab the curl. :smile:

If you use an heated curler, you can use it after the mascara, so maybe it will hold the curl more.

I was wondering if someone could post before and after pictures of someone who have had their eyelashes curled?
( At a beauty salon ).

I dont know if this has anything to do with the topic, but recently my eyelashes have been falling out everytime i remove my eye makeup and i'm really worried about losing all of my eyelashes since there already very thin.. i'm just wondering if i should stop wearing mascara? :cry: and will they grow back again? :unsure:

^ Do you do anything that may be harsh to your lashes? Do you use an eyelash curler currently?

Erin said:
^ Do you do anything that may be harsh to your lashes? Do you use an eyelash curler currently?

my lashes were thick, but i used to curl my them like everyday last year but i stopped ever since ive noticed my lashes getting thinner :cry: i lose about 3 or 4 eyelashes everday and i dont know if theres anything i can do to stop them :(

Last edited by a moderator:
/\ oh that must be scary for you. definitely stopping curling is a good idea. sometimes there can be damage if you've curled too close to the lash roots.

i've been taking liquid Silicea Gel (from the healthfood store) and finding my hair, skin, nails and cartilage (from a banged up knee) are getting better. Apparently it's good for your eyelashes too (again, drinking internally).

have you seen a dermatologist about it - or a naturopath? i'd recommend that - just so you can find out what's up with your lashes and then you can do something about it.

re: the using Vaseline recommendations - i'd advise against it, since petroleum can clog your follicles/pores. Castor oil is better, as is flaxseed oil etc.

False Eyelashes

I've never used them - how are they? Do they fall off right away, can you use the same pair more than once? Also, which is the best brand to get?

My lashes are pretty long and thick as is, but I always like to try something new. Not sure if they're worth it though. :unsure:

i guess it's the better the brand the better they're gonna look. i've never worn them before, my eyelashes aren't long or thick but mascara seems to do the job. ^_^

Crazy question! my eyelashes are long and they tangle easily!! does anyone else have this problem? and if so, what is a good way to untangle them and keep them in line? they arent like literally "tangled" but they are just not straight where they should be. they are all over the place!

Eyelash growth

I have lost many of my eyelashes the last few months..i dont have an illness that causes them to fall out, they just did, idk maybe it was stress. But I was just wondering, will they grow back uneven? Because before i had long dark full lashes, and i was just wondering if they'll grow back the way they were?

Does anybody have any idea for good lengthening mascaras without clumps? I have short eyelashes and feeling embarassed of them...boohoo *hides away*

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew637
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->