Makeup and Eyelashes

I think, also, it's important not to curl your lashes with mascara already applied... though sometimes it's so very tempting... :innocent:

Erin said:
I think, also, it's important not to curl your lashes with mascara already applied... though sometimes it's so very tempting... :innocent:

Oh-so-true! My roommate does that all the time, against my advice (she's a self-proclaimed low maintenance girl) and I'm just waiting for the day when she ends up with no eyelashes.

Erin said:
I have a little trick... when applying mascara, apply over the TOP of the lashes, rather than normally - underneath... they automatically curl if mascara is applied that way. :flower:

That´s my trick too.^_^
It actually makes you look like you are wearing a bit of eyeliner.

Applying mascara looking frontally into a mirror isn´t as effective because you are combing your lashes forward, therefore makng them less curly. :wink:

I've been using castor oil on my eyelashes for only a few days, and I already see a difference. Maybe it's because for once, they're actually being moisturized and taken care of, but they're looking really long and darker than usual- healthy, in general. I'm so excited!

I've tried the Diorshow. Ok at first, not so much after the first week. Onto my next mascara... :(

Btw, I heard yesterday that apparently eyelashes do not grow back after they fall out. Is that true?! I was sure they did, and tried to argue with my cousin (who told me they didnt) since I've experienced a LOT of my lashes falling out, and I'm not bald just yet. However, she said we just have a lot more lashed than we think- and they dont actually grow back. Anyone have any idea??

That is illogical of course they grow back, or I would have no eyelashes myself. My top lashes got caught in a waxing incident some months ago, and my lashes have grown back!

I use a toothbrush to detangle my lashes before my mascara dries. Just wiggle it at the root and comb thouroghly. Works for me :wink:

Erin said:

I desperately try to get my mom to understand this:cry:

I'm going to try the MAC curler ... I've been having problems with my eyelashes holding the curl lately. Interestingly, some SA at Sephora tried to tell me that the curlers just wear out, and you are supposed to buy a new one every few months. Convenient for them ...

My all time favorite mascara (and I've tried everything; I totally agree: Great Lash sucks ...:( BeneFit's Bad Gal.

For the first few weeks I tried it, my bf would randomly come up to me, peer into my face and ask if I had fake eyelashes on.

^how long are your lashes? Mine are a proud half inch at the outside edges and about a smidgen shorter on the inside corners. Too bad I have no digital camera to show all y'all, I am so proud of my babies :smile:

^ Good Lord! Have your lashes always been like that or is it a result of some product - and if it's the latter, I'd like your secret immediately!

On a sadder note, I realized for the first time today how sparse my lashes have become. I used to have really thick lashes, to the point where I didnt even use mascara. Today, I noticed "bald spots" between lashes. :( Damn.

Legaldiva, I totally recommend the MAC curler. I've had mine for at least 3 years or more now, still working like a charm. I havent even used the replacement pad that it comes with yet. Just sterilize every so often.

Also, BadGal? I might just try that. You seem a lot like me in that you've tried everything, and just did not understand the hype about Great Lash :smile: Btw, does this mascara keep your lashes soft, still? Or does it make them really stiff?

Have you hear of Supernova by Fresh? The SA at Sephora recommended it because I said I want the fake eyelash look, but still want my lashes to look soft. I was using a mascara by Too Faced (Lash Inject, I think) that made my lashes SO brittle. Ew.

luvmelots1983 said:
^ Good Lord! Have your lashes always been like that or is it a result of some product - and if it's the latter, I'd like your secret immediately!

On a sadder note, I realized for the first time today how sparse my lashes have become. I used to have really thick lashes, to the point where I didnt even use mascara. Today, I noticed "bald spots" between lashes. :( Damn.

One: I don't curl my lashes. All it does is make them look like fake lashes and pull them out. I am not risking my babies life for any extra curl :lol: . Two: Hair conditioner. Close your eyes firmly and put hair conditioner on your lashes when you shower. Just be careful you don't get any in your eye. If you do, it feels like you can't see for a week.:yuk:

I actully had to trim mine the other day because the middle hairs were getting freakishly longer than the edge hairs and it looked really weird. Isn't that wierd, I had to trim my eye lashes?

Last edited by a moderator:
luvmelots1983 said:
Also, BadGal? I might just try that. You seem a lot like me in that you've tried everything, and just did not understand the hype about Great Lash :smile: Btw, does this mascara keep your lashes soft, still? Or does it make them really stiff?

I know I said once that the colored great lash was crappy, but since then I have discovered that one coat works perfectly. I have used it as a volumizing, etc., mascara and that is not what it is. It is kinda like a lash tint in the sense that it is very, very wet and it does not add volume, just color and a little definition.

modelbehavior228 said:
One: I don't curl my lashes. All it does is make them look like fake lashes and pull them out. I am not risking my babies life for any extra curl :lol: . Two: Hair conditioner. Close your eyes firmly and put hair conditioner on your lashes when you shower. Just be careful you don't get any in your eye. If you do, it feels like you can't see for a week.:yuk:

I actully had to trim mine the other day because the middle hairs were getting freakishly longer than the edge hairs and it looked really weird. Isn't that wierd, I had to trim my eye lashes?

Maybe it's weird that you have to trim them, but weird or not, I'M SO JEALOUS! Wish that was a problem I had. :(

I am not sure if BadGal is good for your lashes or not. Maybe it's drying them out.

Mine haven't been holding curl lately ... thanks to this thread, I've been putting vaseline on them before bed. I hope it works.

I just ordered the Tweezerman curler from beauty.com in a big restock order I needed. I'm going to try that one, and then get a MAC curler.

I love MAC make up; if it's good enough for drag queens, then it's definitely good enough for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->