Makeup Brushes

LolitaLuxe

Vision of Paradise
Reaction score
i need some makeup brushes :blush:
my currant one i use for blush is getting rough,

can any of you suggest any specific brand?

nothing too expensive tho' :blush: i dont wear enough make up to justify the need for $ 200 powder brush.....

i need :
eye shadow
blush
liner
concealer

brushes

has anyone tried sephora's?? any good? shu uemura is good?

i tried blush & foundation brushes from sephora as well as few eye shadow brushes.
they were OK. founation & blush were about $16 each? :unsure: i know Trish Mcevoy brushes
are good, shisheido and shu eumura also, but more expensive (Trish is like $30 and shu in the same range)
i'm not a fan of using brushes for anything except blush/bronzer, because i'm too lazy to clean
them :innocent: also, i like sephora's because they're small.

thank you serena :smile:

im thinking of purchasing the mini shu kit $30

P8093_hero.jpg

mac has really good quality brushes and the price is right.

my mother is going to korea next month and i was thinking of having her pick me up a set of shu eumura brushed. does anyone know if they are cheaper over there?

Have you thought about smashbox brushes? I have one of their brushes that i got a year or two ago and it holds up great!

i'll check them out too :blush:

i mainly need a blush brush i like the way the shu is slanted
i noticed sephora knocked it off, too. + something that is soft :blush:

im going thru them all at sephora :wacko:

if you've got the moola, i say go for MAC & Versace for eyes, they're just about the best makeup brushes i've tried as yet. BeneFit also has some nice eye brushes.

concealer & liner --> MAC
eyeshadow --> versace
eyeshadow spongetip --> makeup forever
blush --> bobby brown

If you're in nyc- I know many professionals use Alcone brushes...

I personally love shu uemura brushes... although the mini set is good for on the go. But I still travel with the full size brushes...

I have a Sephora blush brush... it works fine but buying good brushes would insure a purchase for at least 10 years... my friend's brushes have held up that long!

I'm also looking for recommendations for brushes. I need a foundation and a concealer brush. I want good quality, but not the $100 brushes.

Thanks

I'm going to second the MAC recommendation. I've tried many many brushes, but have found MAC to be the best. It helps of course that I get an employee discount, but I wouldnt use them if I didnt like them!!

Kristin

my mother is going to korea next month and i was thinking of having her pick me up a set of shu eumura brushed. does anyone know if they are cheaper over there?

:wub:

Sorry late reply. I'm in Korea and no they're not cheaper here. They're an import so subject to tax/duty. Cheaper in the US or Europe. :angry:

sorry to have to butt in here but I am a big big fan of Shu brushes but I wouldnt recommend the mini brush set they have simply because it is impractical and difficult to use.

I'd rather spend a bit more money to get something of excellent quality rather than purchasing something which really isnt worth its value

I have shu uemura, and I think they are the best, the Kolinski ones are :blush: :heart:

I heard Kevin Aucions brushes and Tony and Tina brushes are made by shu umera..is it true?

I know that Tony and Tina's brushes are.. not sure about Aucoins though

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->