Makeup Brushes

Hakuhodo brushes are amazing, the one I have is the best quality brush I own. I really want the K020, it's supposedly very soft and therefore brilliant with more pigmented blushes. It's really expensive though:ninja:
from hakuhodousa.com

The Real Techniques buffing brush is the best foundation brush i have ever used. it is so incredibly soft but dense to get even coverage, blends perfectly, and hasn't shed at all yet.

i only have one and i use it for liquid foundation. i want to buy another one actually.
the contour brush is a perfect size for applying loose powder under my eyes, and for contouring/highlighting.

it is just a bit annoying that they only come in sets, because i think the regular foundation is utter crap for applying foundation, and the detailer brush would be no loss as any small brush does the same job. i am still trying to find a use for the foundation brush, like just blending edges of blush etc so it doesn't feel like such a waste..

marmoset and loonaka, thanks for commenting about the eco tools brushes. I was curious if they were decent quality. I will give them a try.

I'm a proud user of the ones by ARTDECO, particularly of the foundation one. Fibres behave super gently on the skin, providing an even looking complexion very effectively and it's so easy to clean (just a few soft strokes over the bar soap, then wash with lukewarm water - it's actually a matter of seconds; moreover it dries vary fast as well). Foundation one costs about 16 EUR.

60490_5da5409d55.jpg

artdeco.de

im a big fan of the No7 brushes from Boots in the UK. i find them really great!

Leopard print from Japonesque (makeup4all.com:(

The Safari Brush Set, in a microfibre case, which includes Powder Brush, Shadow Brush and Crease Brush. The set retails for £28. And there is also a bronzer blush which retails for £19.50.

All brushes are made of synthetic bristles. All the mentioned products are available from Boots.

The great news is that Japonesque is now available from HQhair.com who ship to different countries.

I'm a Real Techniques convert! I can't get them in the shops in my country, so I buy them off iherb.com (I don't work for them, fyi :wink:). I've developed quite the collection.
The Expert Face brush is especially amazing.

^^I hope I will get the Stippling Brush soon!:woot:

I'm currently looking to invest in some make-up brushes. I have the 224 and 210 from MAC. Can anyone help as to which other brushes would be great whether from MAC or anywhere else. Budget isn't too extravagant but enough to buy a couple of MAC priced brushes. Thanks.

I was at Target today and picked up the brand-new EcoTools Day-To-Night 6-Piece Clutch Set which comes with: round powder brush, lip/ eyeliner brush, stay-put shadow brush, pointed concealer brush, smudge brush, and zip-up case/ clutch. It was $16.99 and absolutely worth every penny. I adore the quality of EcoTools brushes. The ones that came in this set are multi-purpose and satisfy everything I need in my routine. The design of the clutch is also beautiful: shimmery bronze leaf detail imprinted on a simple brown background. It also stands up. I am SO happy with this set.

My favorite for pressed foundation is too faced kabuki (pink metallic case one), way better than mac 182

I love Ecotools too. My favorite is the buffing brush I got in the "beautiful expressions" set, it so amazing for mineral foundation.

I'm a Real Techniques convert! I can't get them in the shops in my country, so I buy them off iherb.com (I don't work for them, fyi :wink:). I've developed quite the collection.
The Expert Face brush is especially amazing.

I want to get my hands on those brushes so badly! Maybe I'll treat myself to them for Christmas ^_^.

I got the Expert Face brush (instead of the Stippling brush) and Blush brush from RT.^_^ Can't wait to try them both!

Ohh, I love these brushes! At first I had some difficulties with my new foundation (which I wasn't used to), but now that I got it- the Expert Face brush works like a charm. Blending the foundation was never easier, especially when you use, rich, creamy foundation like I do. It gives beautiful, flawless finish. I'm really impressed. For some reason I can't really work with my MAC 190 Foundation brush. I don't know why, but it seems I can't get the best of it.
And the Blush brush is so soft! :crush: Definitely hoping to purchase few more RT brushes.

I wanted to try the stippling brush and/or the foundation brush for a while. But I'm afraid they are too flimsy.

Has anyone tried the ecotools buffing brush?

I want the real techniques brush but the only store in my city that carries them doesn't sell it on its own and I really don't need the other brushes in the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->