Makeup Brushes

Foundation brushes not only do a better job than fingers of offerign even coverage, but they also use less foundation to get the job done. It makes your favourite foundation go a longggg way.

I have a pack of Loreal make-up brushes. They're pretty good, super soft and portable.

I usually use either art brushes, or drugstore cheapo brushes (usually about $4-5 each).

I think they work well. I don't believe you need to spend a ton of money to look good.

keta said:
Does anyone feel guilty for using horsehair brushes? I mean, the poor horse!

I definitely recommend these brushes! Oh and back to my first point, they are synthetic bristles but if you ask me they feel/apply just as well as any natural bristle brush I have ever used!

Synthetic bristles are really sometimes softer than natural ones. But some of the TBS brushes also have natural bristles, like pony hair.

Don´t think that there is cruelty on the animals just because some of the brushes are made with animal hair. It´s just like cutting your hair- it doesn´t hurt either.
:flower:

mmph im wondering if prescritpives make nice brushes. i just got one today the foundation brush...costed me around $35 CDN..shu uemara sounds temtping..cept i dont know where i can get that! i heard pout makes nice burhses too...=S

Sonia Kashuk has the best blush brush, and it's super cheap at Target. Much better than my Bobbi Brown one.

Yeah :D
I have that Sonia Kashuk brush too and it´s amazing :wink:

madem0iselle said:
mmph im wondering if prescritpives make nice brushes. i just got one today the foundation brush...costed me around $35 CDN..shu uemara sounds temtping..cept i dont know where i can get that! i heard pout makes nice burhses too...=S

In Canada you can buy Shu Umera at Holt Renfrew

I love MAC brushes, they are the absolute best IMO but I've been very tempted to try Shu. I've heard great things. Stila also has some very nice brushes. I used to use them before I switched over to MAC.

Some Prescriptives brushes are ok but others aren't so great. The powder brush isn't soft enough IMO. I like my powder brush to be very soft.

Last edited by a moderator:
keta said:
In Canada you can buy Shu Umera at Holt Renfrew

I was just at Holts this weekend and they told me that they do not sell Shu Umera :( I also checked out some of the speciality stores in Yorkville and no luck. Does anyone know where I can buy them in Toronto??

Also, I was considering maybe a cheaper brush like LORAC. Has anyone used and liked them?

L.A.Gant said:
I was just at Holts this weekend and they told me that they do not sell Shu Umera :( I also checked out some of the speciality stores in Yorkville and no luck. Does anyone know where I can buy them in Toronto??

Also, I was considering maybe a cheaper brush like LORAC. Has anyone used and liked them?

I don't know if you can get this shipped to Canada, but Shu Uemura online has them. I have the brush set, and I highly recommend these brushes!

http://www.shuuemura-usa.com/Products/ProductCategory.aspx?CategoryID=1001&SubCategoryID=376

handbagaddict said:
I don't know if you can get this shipped to Canada, but Shu Uemura online has them. I have the brush set, and I highly recommend these brushes!

Hey, thanks!!! Yes they do ship to Canada and the brush set (the cheaper one :wink:) looks perfect. I just hope that I am not hit with custom duties by ordering online. I'll check it out.

In Toronto i'd recommend:
- brushes by Quo (see Shopper's Drug Mart)
- Cover FX brushes
- MAC of course

- Sephora --- i haven't tried theirs but looks good
- ditto for: Lisa Watier
- Japonesque i've tried - good brush but for me was pricey.

i have the prescriptives foundation brush for 8 years now and it still works as good as new. in pics i can tell my skin is much more even and beautiful when i use the brush to put on my foundation than when i used my fingers. and the brush allows you to "paint" yourface and not miss spots at all while using less foundation than you would with your fingers.
its $32..just make sure you keep it clean, i clean my brushes once a week with alcohol.

I broke down and spent some money on some MAC brushes instead of Shu Emura (too complicated to get and way too expensive) and also, I already have some brushes from MAC and LOVE them.

To answer the question above - I have the MAC foundation brush and I don't know if anyone would disagree that it's absolutely the best!! Money well spent.

I wanted a new powder brush so I picked up the new Catherine Deneuve limited edition over the traditional long handle brush - and it's gorgeous!

Overall MAC is one of the best brands for make-up tools.

I have sephora make up brushes right now but plan to get new ones soon since I've had these for years. I'm so confused on weather I should get mac or Shu... :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->