• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Makeup dont's that you do!

Reseneace said:
I do the eyeliner one, i never knew it could do that! Also for the people who put concealer on their lips why don't you get some benefit lip plump, it's the same colour as most concealer and you can wear it just over some lip gloss or under a lipstick! I use it cause i used to put concealer on my lips too but it just felt horrible!

I think it's because people like their stuff to be multipurpose!

sssanguine said:
I never ever wash my makeup off before I go to bed, only in the morning do I wash my face but hey, I have nice skin despite!

Also I have been prone to use a SEWING NEEDLE or mechanical pencil to separate my lashes! I'm dangerous...haha.

I wish I could sleep with my makeup, but I guess I'd break out like crazy....

As the lash separating thing, I use the pointy end of a compass, now that I think about it's VERY dangereous, imagine by mistake pointing it in your eyes! :shock: I am never doing it again though, because I decided to stop using mascara because it causes too much lash damage and it's nearly impossible to wash it off completely and it obstructs the "eyelash pores" which causes the lash to fall out. And I really don't want that to happen to me anytime soon. :ninja:

Kimkhuu said:
I am never doing it again though, because I decided to stop using mascara because it causes too much lash damage and it's nearly impossible to wash it off completely and it obstructs the "eyelash pores" which causes the lash to fall out. And I really don't want that to happen to me anytime soon. :ninja:

It does what :shock: ?! Is that only if you properly cake it on so much that you're tugging at your eyelashes to get it off or does it apply to any use of mascara? I don't wear it that often but now i'm afraid my eyelids will go bald!lol!

i've used mascara for 8 years now and my eyelashes hasn't gone any near bald :D actually it almost the other way around.

my usual "don't" is that i skip washing off my make-up before i go to bed, but i'm trying to improve on that area cuz it creates so much bacteria, although i'm so friggin' lazy sometimes :S

I wash my make-up off as soon as I get home from work or school so I don't get all ready for bed and then be so tired I forget. It works really well for me. I find the less time make-up is on my skin, the better my skin behaves.

yeah i agree, my skin also gets better if i do that, the thing is that i live with 3 roommates so i don't wanna be au natural in front of them all day, i have too low self esteem for that, otherwise your advice is really good.

^ if you don't want to wear alot of makeup on your skin i sugeat a skin moustorizer, i prefer Aveeno positively Radiant, it makes your skin have a glow, but not overly shiney just right, you look nice and polished so you don't look dull. thats a problem for me a little. It is also very healthy for your skin and won't give you breakouts like makeup. It also has an SPF 15 which also really helps your skin.

I used to put my makeup on in a quite dark room and I couldn't tell if I had put on enough make-up then when I was outside and saw myself in a mirror I would get so scared and sad over the fact that I had walked around like that all day.

I don't do that anymore though. :P

So the lesson for today is: Lighting is important.

I definetly abuse of eyelashes mask.

(And love it u_U)

I continue to use my make up over years, completly ignoring the "expired make up" rule.

Plastic'sWife said:
Prune, you are way cute!:flower:

Thanks! :blush: And I agree with you, in fact, I PREFER the eyelashes mask when it's as old as the world, for the 60's effect! .___.

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOO terrible, but every once in a blue moon, I'll go to bed with my make-up on :shock: ... and pay severely for it a few days later :(

eloes said:
Does anybody put eyeliner on the bottom of their eyes and not on the top? :ninja: I have done this once or twice (with mascara on top and bottom) with just a bit of brown, non-liquid liner because I think it looks more natural on me than putting liner on the top and bottom for some reason. :unsure: But I don't normally because...I dunno, it seems like such a Rule. Does anyone else like their eyes better this way?
Is lining top and bottom considered a rule? because i rarely line both, I guess I just like my eyes better with just the bottom lined...plus i'm guilty of the mascara overload aswell :blush:
I also go to bed with makeup on eventhough I try really hard not too..i know its bad!!

I totally ignore the masarca expring rule, I fall asleep all the time with my masacra on, & never quite match my foundation.

Im terrible!!... I change the type of shampoo i use whenever the bottle runs out rather that sticking to the same one! I sometimes brush my hair wet... I always iron my hair cos my straightener broke and I can't be bothered getting a new one... I use bronzer as blush and only throw out my mascara when it starts to go feral... :ninja:

i almost always brush my hair wet as well :S ...i try not to, but it's so tempting!

i HAVE to brush my hair when its wet... it would be such a disaster if i didnt and do even more damage trying to plow through it when its ratted and dry.

^ I didn't realize brushing your wet WAS bad!! Are you supposed to use a comb instead? I use a brush, but it's the type with plastic bristles. I only use my boar bristle brush when it's dry. Is that the difference b/t whether you should use it or not?

Curious said:
^ I didn't realize brushing your wet WAS bad!! Are you supposed to use a comb instead? I use a brush, but it's the type with plastic bristles. I only use my boar bristle brush when it's dry. Is that the difference b/t whether you should use it or not?

I think (not sure though!) its because your hair is weaker when its wet and brushing it is harsh, you should use a comb, I always brush it when its wet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->