Makeup For Men - What's Your Take?

I love makeup on guys! Anything from drag queens, jeffree star, to just eyeliner, to just concealer. As long as it's well done, I really appreciate it. I don't think it's any different for men and women. If a man wants to wear makeup, and does a good job of it, then I think that's great. I don't appreciate poorly done makeup on ANYONE though, regarless of gender.

I think more guys should wear makeup.

Guys & Makeup

Hello,

So iam 19y old male and i use makeup eh not really i use a pen to cover irregularities on my skin and also to cover red cheeks and so on. To get more perfect look, making eyes more fresh and so on.

Do you other guys also use makeup?
and what do you girls think about boys using makeup?

:flower:

aside from covering flaws, i don't see it as a regular thing. sure, if you're going to a club and it works with what you are wearing, but in everyday life, it seems like something you would grow out of because it just takes more time that you could be doing other things

Double standards irritate me so much.

I'm a guy and I wear foundation, eyebrow pencil and lipgloss.

I personally, don't think it looks good when men wear full make-up but who am I to tell them they shouldn't?

x-j

i'm not too keen on men in make-up, but then again, I don't care for it on women either.

i love the new metrosexual man. im fine with a little make-up on them. a little eyeliner, tinted moisturizor and a little lip balm. more than that could be worrying. self tanning and good skin care is also great. a good mani/pedi is also hot. I regularly manicure my dad's nails. i also introduced him to great skincare a few months ago and now hes got into a good routine, though he hasnt truly grasped the concept of exfoliation! Men should be allowed to keep up with us hot chicks!

I love that you have made a project out of your dad !

The sadistic side of me really comes out when my dads grooming is concerned..I won't let him have ear hairs, and I take pleasure in pointing out that he needs to pluck or actually pull out the tweezer myself whenever I visit :ninja: :lol:

Hanne said:
I won't let him have ear hairs, and I take pleasure in pointing out that he needs to pluck or actually pull out the tweezer myself whenever I visit :ninja: :lol:
:lol: I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that.

goosemaster said:
perhaps if he bulked up and got a blackbelt...
after laying to waste a few hecklers I'm sure the word would spread.
"do not laugh, or snicker, in front of the fierce, shimmery lipped man..."

I mean you gotta do what you gotta do...
Ever seen Beautiful Boxer? :lol:

I love men with make-up...

I mostly play with "natural looks", just to cover and perfect such and such,

but I've seen guys in the street wearing colours, eyeshadows and glitters and it's soo hot, though of course their personal style is totally Rock out.

so whatever suits ur personality and as long as you can rock it, right.

Ahh. Men with makeup. Essentially, I think it depends on the situation. It's always fun to dress up for special occasions, I find playing around with false eyelashes and glitter quite fun for some parties. Heh. But regular use?..

I'm under the impression that makeup for regular use (business and whatnot) is the domain of gay men. To be honest, it just makes guys look perfect. Too perfect. Just like guys who get their eyebrows done. Foundation, when correctly applied, gives a sheen which is not really achievable naturally. And the only people who ever seem to do it are gay, so wearing makeup daily could be misinterpreted.

Don't most women like having some element of ruggedness? I think that's why eyeliner works. It's not really hiding anything. If men feel the need to use concealer/foundation, perhaps it's just better to invest in skincare.

That said, if one is determined to pull it off and is man enough, it will work. Requires greater guts than your average Joe though.

Reading all the post in this thread is quite interesting, specifically the part where one poster points out the double standardness of our society.

How most of the female species are wanting to be more equal between the sexes, wanting to have the same jobs,title,recognition, opportunities or whatnot yet is intimidated when the male form is wanting to tap into what others may call the "female routine"

Last edited by a moderator:
dashphire said:
female species
Eh. I think people (even as liberal as you) like to think of females as entire different species. Frankly, we're all humans.

Just as there are men who will not like having women in powerful ("male/masculine") positions, there will be women who will not like having men in house-hold ("female/feminine") situations.

I just think that society will have to mature a bit before males can wear makeup.

But again, daily makeup somewhat irritates me. The way that our culture is approaching the androgynous aspect is somewhat scary. Just like globalization, there is a need for diversity. I mean, I like feminine-looking guys and boyish clothes for girls, but pushing it too far could perhaps cause a lack of gender. heh. rather weird. I hope it never gets to the point where i have to ask a person if s/he is a guy.

Perhaps it's best to celebrate the differences between the genders instead of moulding into one androgynous blob.

I'm only playing devil's advocate here:P

a very interesting point of veiw satsuma it would certainly be abit weird if that happened! although due to the huge population of people and how diverse the cultures i dont really see this happening! thankgod:lol:

i must say i love men that were eyeliner if they suit it but thats the same with everything! and i dont see anything wrong with men using concealer since not everyone has a flawless complection and most of us like to hid the imperfections!

aslong as they dont start putting on pink eyeshadow and lipstick its all fine with me

Hanne said:
The sadistic side of me really comes out when my dads grooming is concerned..I won't let him have ear hairs, and I take pleasure in pointing out that he needs to pluck or actually pull out the tweezer myself whenever I visit :ninja: :lol:

:lol: poor dad!

I don't see anything wrong with men wearing a bit of concealer...but not foundation...I wouldn't want my boyfriend looking like he worked in a make up department. A bit of foundation mixed with alot of moisturiser wouldnt be too bad though...just something to even out the complexion a bit (if they did need it) I love eyeliner on men who have the style to carry it off....think 80's popstars :lol: other than adam ant though, no lipstick/lipgloss. A bit of carmex goes along way :winkiss:

lolz, I didn't mean it to come out that way when I said "female species"

I don't think of females as an entirely different species, I was just exaggerating the gap between males and females for further provocation.

meh. it's ok. I didn't mean to make it sound like a personal attack. It's just interesting to hear different opinions and I like playing devil's advocate with people. I mean, realistically we'll never approach complete androgyny. I mean, we have enough homophobia as it is already, and the androgynous state is akin to homosexuality really (loving the same sex as yourself). You find people on these boards that find calvin klein adverts too "gay", so I'm sure there'll be plenty of people who will not be putting makeup on any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->