Makeup for Oily Skin

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by D A N A, May 14, 2016.

1. D A N A

D A N A Active Member

I am a makeup junkie with oily skin. Lets share some tips & tricks to overcome this issue, maybe share some of your favorite products for oily skin :heart:

2. nataliaapple

nataliaapple Active Member

I have really oily skin. I can wash my face and not moisturize and in about 5-10 minutes it will be moist with oil.

To combat this I use MAC's oil control lotion under my face powder. Liquid foundations do not work for me. I tried it once and I literally looked like I dipped my face in a pan of grease.

After I put on my face powder (I use MAC Mineralize Skin Finish) I dust my face with Blot Powder. It seems to do the trick but I am sure there are better products, I'm just too lazy to try new ones. :(

3. JessRubik

JessRubik Active Member

I too have oily skin but I don't like matte finshes lol. I use the Too Faced Primer and then the Mac Studio Waterweight foundation. If it were up to me, I wouldn't set it with powder but my oily skin insists otherwise, so I use my clinique powder (but not too much). I carry blotting paper everywhere :smile:

I heard the RCMA powder works wonders on oily skin. I haven't tried it, but I hope to get my hands on it next week to test :smile:

What powder foundations does anyone recommend? I suppose I should test more out and get used to a complete matte look for the sake of my makeup.

4. ediesedgwick

ediesedgwick Member

try the Clinique Pore Minimizing primer, and I also recommend using a sunscreen that will keep your face cool and stop the oil from forming. my favorite is Shiseido Urban Environment for face & body. There is one specifically for face, but I haven't ever tried it. The sunscreen in the face & body cream form does leave a white cast (but I am ghostly pale so I don't mind), so maybe the face one is designed not to have that.

5. JulieTao

JulieTao Member

Make sure you still put on moisturizer even though your skin might be oily. For me, I can never achieve a really matte makeup look. It's ok, because it kind of looks nice to be a little glowy. I usually use liquid foundation and then I put on a transparent powder using a sponge. I really like the E.L.F. tone correcting powder. I'm currently using Rimmel Say Matte in 001 Transparent.

6. ellastica

ellastica Well-Known Member

My skin isn't considered oily but I do have the darnedest time finding a truly Matte Powder! I've recently noticed some fine lines on my forehead and anything even with subtle shimmer, glitter particles instantly draws attention to them!

I've been using Loreal Infallible pressed powder which gets the job done but it verges on being too orangey. And the finish can look a bit chalky if you're not careful.

I've tried a couple of Maybelline powders geared toward oily skin, meant to control shine but both had noticeable glitter particles!

I may splurge and go back to LancĂ´me. I found a good shade fit but that was so long ago I totally forgot the shade name :doh:

Can anyone recommend a good truly matte pressed powder?