Malandrino F/W 09.10 New York

hermetic

Reaction score
I can't believe no one posted this yet
<H5>NEW YORK, February 19, 2009
By Meenal Mistry

Catherine Malandrino was one of this week's many venue-switchers, trading the Chelsea Art Museum for the Rainbow Room. With a rotating circular floor set at a perspective-skewing view 65 floors skyward, it was a suitable locale for the designer's surrealist-themed collection, named—what else?—"Over the Rainbow." Much of it paid direct homage to surreal fashion's First Lady, Elsa Schiaparelli. On the back of a wool coat, for example, was a leather appliqué of two profile silhouettes that with a blink turn into a vase—a motif originally designed for Schiap by Jean Cocteau. But the backward bun hairdos, seamed stockings, and net-covered faces echoed the work of those more recent surr-torialists, Viktor & Rolf. Ultimately, though, such a criticism is beside the point with Malandrino, a retail dynamo whose fan club, both civilian and celebrity, will be more than happy with her new lean mid-calf silhouette dress and classic and sexy pointelles.
</H5>
00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

00070m.jpg
00080m.jpg

00090m.jpg
00100m.jpg

style.com

i can see some of these pieces being attempted by celebrities and looking absolutely fug-i-licious. :ninja:

very interesting. I haven't seen that much amount of lace in one collection before.
she makes it sofisticated yet chic - not trashy lace.
there's something about those mid-heels that makes the posture very elegant.

I love the wing and hand details, very kitsch, but I like them. Overall, I'm impressed.

agreed about the schiaparelli influence. toned down of course.

i love the feather mostifs and raven prints.

This is well constructed, but seems a little unfocused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->