Manav Gangwani

i'm very interested in 'new' fashion destinations, but i cant say i find anything exceptional here :(

Nothing here is really "new" or appealing...Versace and other fashion houses have previously used those colors in recent lines.

so true Pink.. :(

i can understand the difficulties of "ethnic" fashions fitting in international fashion standards while still keeping the originality of the "folk" element, but eventually it will happen. Australian designers seem to be improving on leading towards an original style, Russians are an inspiring example, Japanese designers are by now masters of their cultural heritage, i know Indian designers will sooner or later find their way. :wink:

on the creative aspect it must be hard being bombarded by 'western' style fashions while living in such a non-western everyday reality.
a mix of western & indian references need a very good knowledge of both
styles and a true original design vision. One also needs to re-event traditional style elements and re-work on classics.

this too will come :flower:

I absolutely adore indian culture, but this is just boring, i wish that they would nto relye on tehre ethnic heritage so much

I agree with everyone. Too much focus on it being "Indian Fashion". I think they could produce amazing styles using touches of their heritage. It's so rich, and colorful, I'm excited to see this evolve. :flower:

I know the Indian Fashion is still at the beginning but I love it...
I think its a nice alternation regarding the "western" Fashion industry...
The indians are more concentrated on details in my opinion

Originally posted by nay-k@Nov 27th, 2003 - 9:38 am
I know the Indian Fashion is still at the beginning but I love it...
I think its a nice alternation regarding the "western" Fashion industry...
The indians are more concentrated on details in my opinion
actually INDIAN FASHOIN is not really at its beginning nay-K. :flower:
i would say it just stayed traditional and thats why we recognize it so well from european designs :wink:
the BOLYWOOD industry is the biggest film industry in the world and the costume designers still are very highly respected. i.e. NEETA LULLA who has been rewared a few times for her stunning use of fabric and designs :heart:
as for the designs u posted i know there are some much better ones (NEETA LULLA) but thanks for sharing :flower: :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->