Manish Arora Leaves Paco Rabanne

christian zh

Reaction score
French fashion house Paco Rabanne announced today that their artistic directer, Manish Arora, is leaving after just two seasons. Both parties say Arora's departure was a mutual decision. In a statement released to WWD, Rabanne credited Arora for bringing the label back into the spotlight after it had languished for several years; his designs drew mostly positive reviews and got lots of press when they were worn by Lady Gaga at the 2011 MTV Europe Music Awards. (Sidenote: J.Lo wore a spring 2012 Paco Rabanne top on American Idol last night.) Arora has an eponymous collection that he'll continue working on. There's no word on his replacement at Rabanne.

By Charlotte Cowles

-nymag.com

Quite dissapointing, I was really enjoying what Manish was doing at the house, shame he decided to leave.

I dont think anyone else would do justice to the label like Arora did.

His collections for PR were very respectful to the legacy and pushed the envelope towards the future and the now.

Im heartbroken to read this news.

Was never a fan of PR, I also love what Mr Arora does for his own line than what he is done for PR.

Well that didn't last long. Not so good to lose someone so soon after reviving the brand.

I wonder what happened as Arora did quite well at Paco Rabanne. He helped the brand to regain a fashion credibility. At least, we still can enjoy his designs with his eponym label.

Lydia Maurer: New creative director at Paco Rabanne

The German designer succeeds Manish Arora at the head of the brand's ready-to-wear design team.

May 4, Manish Arora announced his surprise departure from Paco Rabanne, as a year-long collaboration came to an end. After a month of reflection, the French label has just announced the appointment of Lydia Maurer as creative director for Paco Rabanne ready-to-wear. A graduate from Paris' Studio Berçot, the young German designer had previously worked for brands including Yves Saint Laurent and Givenchy before taking the helm of the Paco Rabanne studio in November 2011. In taking over from the Indian designer, Lydia Maurer becomes the new Ready-to-Wear Director for Paco Rabanne, and is preparing to show her first collection in during Paris Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013 in October.

Portrait of Lydia Maurer by Anne Combaz

By Eugénie Trochu, translated by Kate Matthams-Spencer
http://en.vogue.fr

This is getting ridiculous...

Paco Rabanne Designer Exits
21 May 2013​ Sarah Karmali​

PACO RABANNE's womenswear designer, Lydia Maurer, has left the brand. The 30-year-old held the position of artistic director at the Paris-based house for the past year.

Maurer was promoted from her role as studio design director in June 2012, following the departure of former creative director Manish Arora. The German-born designer first joined the brand in November 2011, having previously worked at Givenchy and Yves Saint Laurent.

"Maurer's determination and her unique sensitivity in terms of the artistic and experimental universe of Paco Rabanne are going to enable us to pursue the renewal of our house in the long term," said a spokesperson for the label at the time of her promotion. "We are confident that her personal vision and talent will position Paco Rabanne amongst the most desirable avant-garde fashion brands in the very near future."

Maurer's next move has yet to be confirmed, reports WWD. A successor has not been named.
vogue.com

^ Agreed.

Paco Rabanne Parts Ways with Creative Director Lydia Maurer
by TYLER MCCALL

Not quite one full year after being promoted to creative director, Lydia Maurer is out at Paco Rabanne.

Maurer, who first joined the design team in November 2011, designed the spring 2013 and fall 2013 collections after being chosen to replace Manish Arora. Arora himself was only with the brand for two seasons before leaving–though that was apparently the plan. “I have…accomplished the mission I was trusted with in order to cast this iconic brand back into the spotlight,” Arora said upon leaving the company.

Paco Rabanne has released a statement saying that Maurer “brought a new spirit of femininity and modernity to Paco Rabanne ready-to-wear,” and that her work “contributed to raising the profile of the House on the international fashion stage.” No replacement has been named as of this moment.
fashionista

We don't need another Ungaro/Ferrè fiasco, you know... just close the house down and be done with it.

starting to remind of what's going on with the vionnet label. i don't think i've seen a debacle quite like that. and two designers out in a year's span.....not a good sign. usually hints at the operation of the company.

these just show how tough the managing team at Paco Rabanne is. sad for such a good brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->