Marc By Marc Jacobs F/w 2004

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
not too bad, cute colors with yellow on the rise, 'working' mens styles & a return of velvet & burnout treatments.

quite an improvement from last seasons B)

details, love boots (pink & suede in petrol),
knit scarves & make up (this girl is fantastic)

must have the yellow messanger :heart:
and the purple velvet bag :heart:

Originally posted by Acid@Feb 11th, 2004 - 7:33 am
same old
No surprises....

I have seen so many of the items from this line consistently end up heavily discounted at end of the season sales or sent off to Century 21 etc. I've bought a thing or two but overall, his shows make me want to style my stuff the same way not buy his pieces. :unsure:

agreed on the not too exciting bit. I really expected more this season. quite a let down. love the blue hat with the flower though.

I too was expecting something different. How much longer can he ride this wave? I think the styling is very interesting and actually dressed like this before this line launched, which is why I always look to it for inspiration. That's exactly what it provides, inspiration on new ways to wear the clothes you already own. I MUST find the jacket the guy in the first set has on--that short military-ish one. I had a vintage one like that 10 years ago, never should have let it go....

I prefer the show and the collection of S/S 04
It's not really amazing :rolleyes:

I've always been a fan of marc jacobs, but you guys are right- I just want to copy the style myself. So far, my favorite collection this decade has been the fall 2002 collection. I'm still playing off of it, and in fact, I'm making myself some gold gaucho pants right now ^^

I tend to go more towards the marc by marc jacobs line, because it's a little more fun ^^

It's cute, I love the scarves - but I agree that the s/s04 season was a bit more fun

whoops! ha! my first post after lruking for AGES on this board, and i totally confuse myself...

i like the marc jacobs line, not marc by marc.

i still like marc jacobs f/w 2002, it was beautiful
i love f/w 2004, it's very elegant.

marc by marc is an expensive alternative to what one can find at a place like urban outfitters or some such. always find tons of this stuff on ebay.

I ahte his trash, poor style, but I like this kind of blue he uses

Originally posted by smashinfashion@Feb 12th, 2004 - 2:11 pm
highly dissappointing. marc is losing his edge.
marc had an edge? :innocent: :ninja:

I hate velvet burnout. :sick: I like the boots, but it is very easy to find vintage 70s ones in that shape.

And I agree with everything that's been said already.

I really wish he'd go back to that designing he was doing in the latter of the late 90's. Or at least stop all this vintage retro rehash that looks as bland as what Anna Sui is doing.....actually,he's becoming alot like her,of late with his own collections. :innocent:

An all to familiar Marc by Marc Jacobs collection, with predictable use of vinatge clothing. It's only redeeming factor is a handful of cool pieces that seemed to have effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->