Marc Coming Out With A Home Line

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
Home Is Where The Marc Is

As if there was any doubt that Marc Jacobs is on his way to become America's most powerful fashion force, here's another milestone on the road towards multinational mass appeal. The designer launched the Marc Jacobs home collection in his flagship New York and San Francisco stores last week. The products reportedly flew out the store as soon as they hit the floor.

He really will be taking a place with the likes of Ralph and Calvin in the future. :smile:

does anyone have any pictures?? i wonder what this home collection is like?

they're always calling him " grunge" ( dislike that word ) so when i think of marc household items i draw a blank :blink: ( flannel sheets teee heeeee )

i :heart: marc. for better for worse....i dont care what they say :blush:

I've never really thought of Marc as 'grunge' either. If his past collections(since 95)are any indication he's high luxe with an element of nonchanlace. And this recent love of nostalgia...hmmm... cashmere shag carpets? :lol:

Originally posted by Scott@Dec 31st, 2003 - 6:55 am
I've never really thought of Marc as 'grunge' either. If his past collections(since 95)are any indication he's high luxe with an element of nonchanlace. And this recent love of nostalgia...hmmm... cashmere shag carpets? :lol:
:lol: sounds cool to me .

i'll repeat myself, i really want to see this. maybe that popular graffiti sweatshirt ( marc by marc line) can become pillow cases :lol: :P

:woot: great news, very looking forward to visuals from his home line
Personally I dont mind Mark Jacobs a bit, i know he seems boring to some but he's cool (most of the time) eg. his ss04 was a bit boring, but this can happen, its not a crime :wink:

He's alright I suppose. I liked him more,before he became a tad too overhyped(don't bit my head off Jacobs fans :lol:)and started referencing things slightly too much. But I digress. I am interested in seeing some of this. Nothing at all wrong with home lines-let's not forget Yohji has one too and its great! And wasn't there a rumour that Margiela was going to debut a full line of home furnishings this year? Or has he already?

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Dec 31st, 2003 - 6:16 pm
Who needs Marc Jacobs when you've got Bobby Trendy's oh-so-tasteful designs, eh? :wink:
What is it with you and all these major shout-outs to Mr. B.T. himself?

Do you know if he makes housecalls? (My grandmama's living quarters are in desperate need of a subtle revamp)

He gives me chocolate in return.

You could always see if Marc Jacobs does call-outs...

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Dec 31st, 2003 - 6:45 pm

He gives me chocolate in return.

You could always see if Marc Jacobs does call-outs...
He's not really her style; a docu on Fash tv painted him up to be quite the lager lout. She's a classy bird and won't have any of that.

It's not off topic - I was comparing the relative merits of Mr. Trendy's fine (and very tasteful) furnishings with Mr. Jacobs...

Anyway back on topic: Wouldn't it be better if clothes designers left this to furniture designers? I'd much rather have a Chippendale or a Shearton than a Marc Jacobs...a Bottega Veneta sofa would be cool though...

Bah, got to rush off now...

OT

I'm really ashamed to say this but I love Fendi's home line. :P The fur blakets and croc(?) skin couch that's sooo large :heart: but I swear it doesn't look tacky. :wink:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Jan 1st, 2004 - 12:27 am
bobby trendy....off topic....wow!!! what a surprise.
:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->