Marc Jacob leather and rain. Do they mix?

Polya

Reaction score
I'm new to the board, and a HUGE fan of MJ handbags. So it's befitting that my first post is related to these awesome bags :rolleyes:

Is it safe to expose the leather bags to rain? Not drenching, but sprinkling rain. I have a barn red hobo that I've been caught in the rain wearing, and it seemed to do ok. Just wondering what other people have experienced.

i have a geranium hobo... it's been in a sprinkle...where the water hit, the leather turned a purple color for the time being, but it dried with no noticeable marks or anything....but i wouldn't reccommend making a habit of it...

Yeah, the leather tends to change color when wet, and then go back to the original once it is dried. Use a leather waterproofing spray on it, it is safe for the leather and will help avoid this.

i had my seafoam stella in the rain in disneyworld 3 weeks ago, and i was afraid it would get ruined so i bought a plastic poncho just to cover up my bag! but a few drops did get on it and it dried back to normal, but i definitly wouldnt risk it again.

Polya, I used Wilson's Leather & Suede Spray on a MJ red Blake...the spray momentarily turned the leather dark and I thought it was going to leave a permanent stain but after less than a minute, the discoloration disappeared and the leather was back to its original color. Other than that, the leeather seems to be holding up well. Oh and I'm getting a black MJ multipocket hobo this week!

Jujube22, you lucky chick! Are you getting the large or small one?

I ordered the small one ($895) from Neiman Marcus...I was thinking about getting the larger one because I liked the fact that it had protective feet on the bottom (I don't think the smaller one has any) and a little roomier..big bags seem to the trend now. But I am only 5ft 1in. and I thought "well I'm gonna be overwhelmed by a big bag." Anyway my MJ Multipocket bag (my new baby:lol: )is arriving tomorrow via FedEx so I'm pretty excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->