Marc Jacobs Beauty

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by D A N A, Nov 18, 2013.

1. D A N A

D A N A Active Member

2. Psylocke

Psylocke Active Member

I bought the mascara a while ago. I'm not blown away by it but it's pretty good, especially because it wasn't that expensive. Doesn't smudge, looks very natural, is easy to remove. Not sure I will get it again when it's used up, though.

I'm curious about the nail polishes! I find it hard to guess what the colors really look like due to the bottle being such a weird shape, they look different in every store I've seen them at. The 'Petra Charcoal' color looks beautiful in pictures.

Thanks for creating this thread :flower:, I noticed there wasn't one for MJ Beauty a while ago but never got around opening one.

3. D A N A

D A N A Active Member

My cousin bought a couple of their nail polishes, she says the pigment is great and easy to apply.
    I am wondering about their foundation the reviews are mixed about it. I am addicted to foundations, I cant wait to get my hands on it and try it out but they dont sell MJ cosmetics where I live yet.

4. lucy92

lucy92 Mod Squad Team Leader

the felt tip eyeliner in blacquer is supposed to be really good.

the price points are a bit much for me. i feel that they would have made more money selling at a mac price point.

5. Psylocke

Psylocke Active Member

That sounds good about the nail polish. Thanks for the feedback, D A N A.

I wish they had a liquid eyeliner with a brush, I'm not a fan of felt tip eyeliners. My favorite Maybelline one (Liquid Eyeliner High Definition) seems to have been discontinued and I've been on the hunt for a new one for a while and can't seem to find anything similar :doh:

The prices for this line are a bit inconsistent, IMO. While the eyeliner is indeed fairly expensive, as well as the lip gel, I find most products to be reasonably priced.

6. D A N A

D A N A Active Member

Psylocke: Give Benefit's liquid eye liner a try "Magic Ink" I think its quite good!

7. Psylocke

Psylocke Active Member

^That one sounds great from all the reviews I'm reading online. I'll give it a try! Thank you! :kiss:

8. supermodel

supermodel Active Member

Picked up Marc Jacobs' Lust For Lacquer Lip Vinyl in Heart Shaped and love it. Quite sheer, but really nice, smooth & creamy consistency that stays put for quite a while.

[​IMG]
    sephora

9. D A N A

D A N A Active Member

So I finally got the Marc Jacobs foundation, I did not like it one bit- so over hyped!
    the consistency is liquid but it doesn't stay on the skin very well it moves more than other foundations... it changes colours within 4-5 hours & doesn't cover as well as other foundations I have!

10. marcBarna

marcBarna Well-Known Member

Coty tempts consumers with Marc Jacobs Decadence

[​IMG]

moodiereport.com

11. VersaceVixen009

VersaceVixen009 Active Member

Decadence smells AMAZING, deff going on my Christmas list!

12. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

I haven't tried anything yet ... for me, it's really inconvenient that it's Sephora only. I never go there anymore.