Marc Jacobs 'Daisy Love' Fragrance 2018 : Kaia Gerber, Aube Jolicoeur & Faith Lynch

Discussion in 'Ad Campaigns' started by vogue28, Apr 3, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Photographed by Alasdair McLellan and styled by Katie Grand:

[​IMG]

BUSINESSWIRE. COM

2. artemovartem

artemovartem Well-Known Member

3. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Very juvenile.
    This brand is so all over the place...
    I don't understand anything about it.

4. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack Member

^There is no cohesiveness in the brands message at all.

The RTW flits from one to the other, this is still very pretty from the 00's and the accessories are mainstream - there is no clear message. They need to take note from Dior and Saint Laurent/YSL in how to deliver a clear message across all sectors.

5. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Lol, I agree with you, but these perfumes are his cash cows. I quite like the smell of Daisy, it's very youthful, so this specific campaign at least makes sense. It sounds like Daisy Love is aspin-off.

6. orchidee

orchidee Active Member

To be fair the overall vibe of Daisy has always been juvenile so this is consistent in that sense.

7. dfwn2n

dfwn2n Active Member

I love the token diversity. So progressive.

8. Lola701

For me it was young and fresh. All his perfume at the time had a link: Daisy, Dot, Honey...etc. There was something fresh, unpretentious and sometimes naughty about those ads.

This is very Junior. And to think that the same brand is selling a perfume called Decadance with Adriana Lima is surreal.

There was something very cohesive about the Marc Jacobs brand for a longtime (even in the fashion department). Now everything seems confused

9. McKinney

McKinney Member

Brings me back to the old spring break days!
    But yes, this brand is a lost cause. Even saying there is a marc Jacobs woman in laughable (unless she has an identity crisis)

10. littlekiki

littlekiki Well-Known Member

I really don't understand this comment. If there were no diversity, people would complain. When there's actual diversity, people complain that it's forced or token. What do you guys want? How could they have made this campaign so the diversity isn't "token"? Please explain to me. Aube is lovely and deserves this campaign and it doesn't feel forced to me at all.

11. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

12. dfwn2n

dfwn2n Active Member

Black and white isn’t diversed sweet heart.

13. Nocturnal

Nocturnal New Member

Only black is not diversity either sweet heart.

14. FashionMuseDior

Can you tell me which race you wanted to be represented in this campaign? sweet heart.

15. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I've not smelled Decadence, I imagine it will reek of a cheap brothel? I respect my senses too much to put it through that.
    Haven't seen Honey and Dot in ages! Just like I don't see Cristobal Balenciaga.

You're right about the disconnect but I expect he's grasping at straw, trying desperately for a hit. He needs it, after all.

16. 333101

333101 Well-Known Member

Why do the campaigns for this entire line seem to have girls used as spare parts to hang off Kaia? Give them equal footing or don't include them at all, it's not that hard

17. Lola701

There was something very fresh about his fragrances when the brand was a smash hit! I even remember names like Cumcumber, Peach or something like that for his fragrances. I used to wear the Orange fragrance during summer. It was fresh and young but with a touch or personality unlike for example what Dior is doing nowadays...

I would say that Decadence is like a Black Orchid without the boldness. I believe is not that much of a success because the brand doesn't have an identity and selling a perfume with a sexy ad when you're not a sexy designer is weird.
    The campaign, as beautiful as it was, wasn't really MJ.

He needs a hit as you said. But first, he should relaunch his old fragrance line, stop with all the flankers of Daisy and as i said before, try an H&M collection. It helped a lot of designers who did it and his brand needs it more than ever.