Marc Jacobs F/W 04.05 New York

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
we are talking serious ladylike looks at the forever vintage inspired MJ camp, the colours are absolutely adorable note the rising petrol blue/green
and some of the shoes ... :heart:

Giselle looks fading to me
Here some faves :flower:

interesting - kinda forties, with attention to the waist again. Gorgeous colors, yum, wanna keep these in mind as reference points ^_^

it's a gorgeous progression up from the last collection. i always look to marc as a clear indicateur of what trends are going to be about...we're lookin here at a very beautiful colored winter...

Thank you for the pictures! I really like this collection, it's a less obvious and a lot more soft and subtle in its influence. And yay for round toe shoes, not sure if that'll take off though? Actually now that I look at it again, it feels very Prada. Which means I like is :smile:

Originally posted by Cicciolina@Feb 10th, 2004 - 3:18 pm
And yay for round toe shoes, not sure if that'll take off though? Actually now that I look at it again, it feels very Prada. Which means I like is :smile:
i so agree on the slight Prada mood

as for round toes, they are already a craze over here (Europe)
i have mine , black with white stiching :blush:

Originally posted by Cicciolina@Feb 10th, 2004 - 7:18 am
And yay for round toe shoes, not sure if that'll take off though?
Love it. Round toe shoes are everywhere at the moment. I prefer round toe to pointed toe shoes, they have a softer feel to them and they are more confortable to walk in.

The 40s look is great! I like it!

I still find it hard to find nice round toe shoes (here in the UK).

I totally agree about the colors Lena, gorgeous! It's also nice to see Marc moving on a bit and not having the same old same old because that was getting a bit tired. The details are fab (love the belt over sweater) and the shapes are great. Not too crazy about the fur details though. I don't think the evening was as strong as the day. Am I the only one who thought he used very young looking models in this showing? A lot of Stam and others, very little (from what I saw) of Erin Wasson and Gisele.

I'm not sure if Marc by Marc is up yet or when it's showing but if this is it's older sister I'm very excited to see Marc.

Originally posted by bluebug@Feb 10th, 2004 - 4:38 pm
Round toe shoes are everywhere at the moment. I prefer round toe to pointed toe shoes, they have a softer feel to them and they are more confortable to walk in.

i agree completly, round toes feel sexy in a strange & fresh way, love them :blush:

MJ delivers once again. I see it too, but to differ from Prada a bit, Miuccia's collection reminded me of The Talented Mr. Ripley in that the privileged on travel were frolicking in Italy. This Marc Jacobs collection is the same era but it's the locals that are wearing these clothes. A little more room for continental voluptuousness. In any event, what a great presentation.

Thanks for posting the pics, Lena.

I just love it. The green is the most beautiful color! It's beautiful, it gave me some surprise as it went on and on. I love so much of it :lol: I'm so happy about it!!

Originally posted by Lena@Feb 10th, 2004 - 6:07 am
we are talking serious ladylike looks at the forever vintage inspired MJ camp, the colours are absolutely adorable note the rising petrol blue/green
and some of the shoes ... :heart:

Giselle looks fading to me
Here some faves :flower:
I really enjoyed this collection mainly this group. I like light colors so this appealed to my very ladylike side :lol: :heart: it!

Oh, well, why not add some fuel and make this a discussion :ninja:

I think it's predictable, boring, and rehashed. It's been done plenty, plenty of times. Look at the Prada advertisements for this spring, you'll see practically the same clothing. Plus, she's done this before. Didn't expect anything more from MJ.

<falme suit on> :P

i dont disagree faust :lol:
and this is no catfight arena, much more when it goes down to Mark Jacobs

regardless 'originality' this is still a cool look,
much better than his last :sick: collection :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back