Marc Jacobs F/W 04.05 New York

Originally posted by Lena@Feb 10th, 2004 - 11:21 am
and this is no catfight arena, much more when it goes down to Mark Jacobs
I know, I was kidding, of course :flower:

I don't get his obsession with Gisele. She opened and closed the show. She's not the right fit for these clothes.

I like the collection for its practical feel. Makes me think of very pretty office wear for those times when you must look "professional."

Love the collection, I don't have a pair of rounded heels yet.. so I can't comment just yet. I love the lady look and I must agree that I see this style in the movie Talented Mr. Ripley.

I could see myself experimenting w/ this style. :flower:

I didn't think Prada, but I certainly thought of the FW '03 Carolina Herrera collection. It looked like a few things had been lifted almost exactly from her show.

I foudn the whoel collectionw ay to vintage inspired, to the point that it looked liekd irect copys. :rolleyes: very upseting, nto tos ay taht tehgse pieces would be great if they where vinatge , not knock offs

hwo ever I lvoe this high necked shoudlerpad puffy sleeved style of dresses so that kind of made me feel better :blush: :heart:

100124556.jpg

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Feb 10th, 2004 - 4:27 pm
I foudn the whoel collectionw ay to vintage inspired, to the point that it looked liekd irect copys. :rolleyes: very upseting, nto tos ay taht tehgse pieces would be great if they where vinatge , not knock offs

hwo ever I lvoe this high necked shoudlerpad puffy sleeved style of dresses so that kind of made me feel better :blush: :heart:

100124556.jpg
Space*,might make you feel even better,Tess did that same look(in fact she does it every season) and the collection was totally original.

Anyway,back to Marc. Episternum,I was thinking that exact thing!! But even she did it in a way that seemed mocked.

Its an okay collection, but MJ is the kind that makes one want to run their nails down a chalkboard :blush: :P

Originally posted by Scott@Feb 10th, 2004 - 4:41 pm

Space*,might make you feel even better,Tess did that same look(in fact she does it every season) and the collection was totally original.

Anyway,back to Marc. Episternum,I was thinking that exact thing!! But even she did it in a way that seemed mocked.

Its an okay collection, but MJ is the kind that makes one want to run their nails down a chalkboard :blush: :P
yes, i absolutely adore thous kidn of dresses like mad :blush: :heart:
Cosmic wonder dos tehm some tiems to

I knwow hat you are syainga bout runing the nail down teh shock board, btu I stilll absolutely lvoe hsi shoes, may be cuas I am obsessed with vintage shoes.

I've got a pair of round toes myself, just I think it'll take a while for round toes to *really* hit big (I'm in Australia so maybe that's why :P ) The colours and the shape are *so* Prada S/S 04, he's like the Miuccia Prada of the US or something with this collection at least :P And I agree, a lot better than his last collection. I don't get the whole Gisele thing either, sure she's a supermodel etc etc but she's more D&G/Versace than MJ.

theres still something rather familiar but @ least the 2nd post is likeable

this is the first marc jacobs collection that i have ever liked-i am slightly in shock...-it reminded me of maggie gyllenhall in "the secretary" it's like a sexy schoolteacher, or librarian, or secretary...

my mom dressed like this in the early seventies...very proper, but chic and sexy.
(she's from italy and she was a french teacher...)she always wore the silk blouse with a soft bow... she almost never wore pants and always wore heels...sometimes slouchy boots w/ culottes-her nails were always done and she always had lipstick on...... :flower:

i've been wearing culottes for years-and i definitely feel that round toes are the way to go...I love the whole look...
:heart:
of course, you could never afford marc jacobs on a teacher's salary, so it's a bit ironic... :innocent:

but this is very easy to knock off...i expect zara and club monaco will do their own versions... :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Feb 12th, 2004 - 9:25 pm
this is the first marc jacobs collection that i have ever liked-i am slightly in shock...-it reminded me of maggie gyllenhall in "the secretary" it's like a sexy schoolteacher, or librarian, or secretary...

my mom dressed like this in the early seventies...very proper, but chic and sexy.
(she's from italy and she was a french teacher...)she always wore the silk blouse with a soft bow... she almost never wore pants and always wore heels...sometimes slouchy boots w/ culottes-her nails were always done and she always had lipstick on...... :flower:

i've been wearing culottes for years-and i definitely feel that round toes are the way to go...I love the whole look...
of course, you could never afford marc jacobs on a teacher's salary, so it's a bit ironic... :innocent:

but this is very easy to knock off...i expect zara and club monaco will do their own versions... :flower:
I was just thinking back and if memory serves me Marc is too little too late with this re-hash because I distinctly remember a particular Branquinho collection which this same schoolteacher/librarian look was derived from. Culottes,filmy sheer tops with wrap-ties around the neck and lots of herringbone and houndstooth. The only difference was that it wasn't so obvious and literal.

It's what to expect from Marc now. I'm not so impressed. Its actually pretty basic, you have the same silhouette popping up from look to look just in different color, style, etc. Though it may be vintage-copied the furnishing is actually pretty great.

Rating 6.5: Typical Marc, but isn't strong.

Originally posted by Scott+Feb 12th, 2004 - 11:25 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott @ Feb 12th, 2004 - 11:25 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Feb 12th, 2004 - 9:25 pm

I was just thinking back and if memory serves me Marc is too little too late with this re-hash because I distinctly remember a particular Branquinho collection which this same schoolteacher/librarian look was derived from. Culottes,filmy sheer tops with wrap-ties around the neck and lots of herringbone and houndstooth. The only difference was that it wasn't so obvious and literal. [/b][/quote]
:flower: so true... I have some pieces from that branquinho collection...that is still my fave collection of hers...I guess it takes a few yrs for the mainstream to catch up...marc is always on trend-never ahead...I won't be buying any of this collection, but I'll continue to wear all the clothes I have bought over the last 5-10 yrs that already look like this...not to mention some of my mom's original vintage pieces from the 70's...

there's something about the collection .. how sexy is presented .. I get this pin-uppy feeling (dunno why!) ... about the shoes: my first impression was no-no ... but thinking about it ... some (Dorothy) red-slippers are always a good choice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"