Marc Jacobs F/W 04.05 New York

marc jacobs is going the way of tommy hilfiger...while those of you who are his fans will go along with whatever he puts out on the runway and buy in bulk, there is little to be commented on about this collection...when you hold up these designs next to what he had done (and will do) at vuitton it's clear where his attentions are located. this collection was his first big step in transforming his brand into one like donna karan, ralph lauren, and tommy hilfiger, brands we no longer look for innovation from, just the same dress, same coat, same look.

and if that's your look, you're going to love it.

i dont buy Jacobs, except for his shoes which can be special.
i like vintage and clever color combinations,
and although i'm not a jacobs client i quite like this collection.
i like the way he used vintage THIS time.
his ss04 was a joke, his fw03 was pretty bad,
this though is well put for what it is.

i know lots of people seem to dislike MJ in a strong way,
i'm neutral and 'judge' designers according to their seasonal offer.
everyone can have a good or a bad season,

it just happens to find this MJ collection fresh. :ninja:

100124577.jpg

:kiss: my favorite from the show

I absolutely love it!!! Especially the shoes.. :woot: I just bought a pair of dark blue suede shoes similar to those from BCBG the other day...

:heart: this is the first time I've been so excited about marc jacobs in many seasons. the shapes and colours are beautifully worked into this very overtly vintage inspired collection. I would wear most anything from this... I really love it. despite the 40's/librarian connotations, I don't find it as gimmicky as perhaps I should. :blush:

So bad. :sick: How many times is Marc going to rehash the same trends in the same way?

Marc Jacobs spring 2003
Louis Vuitton fall 2002 (which looks A LOT like this show)
Marc Jacobs fall 2001
Marc Jacobs fall 2000

Sexy pinups from the 40's/50's. Wow. How novel. I, for one, am so sick of this 50's trend being redone again and again ad nauseum. And Marc's interpretation here is far too literal. These clothes look like costumes and I don't care how "cool" Marc and his clothes are, no one wants to look like they just stepped off of a film set. He once again has taken vintage ideas and conjured up his derivative ripoffs rather than distilling an idea or a trend for something new and fresh. Blah!

I totally agree with everyone. Marc was the guy who got me into fashion designing in general but lately I haven't been excited with his stuff. I totally know what the person earlier was saying about how he/she would rather copy it than buy it, I just recenetly bought a MJ jacket at the flagship store here in SF, which I haven't in a long time only because there was usually nothing that interest me or anything I couldn't copy/make myself.

He needs a better muse or something.

A few OK pieces...I loved the long black dress...but its nothing new...seems like his ripping off himself...hes done this before!

Lovely collection, you can always count on Marc ^_^ And the shoes - beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"