Marc Jacobs F/W 2018.19 by Steven Meisel

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Models: Anya Lyagoshina, Rianne Van Rompaey, Nika Cole, Hannah Shakespeare, Remington Williams, Veronika Vilim, Sarah Abney, Sara Soric & Songhwa Oh

IMAGE TAKEN FROM THE DIGITAL EDITION OF UK VOGUE SEPTEMBER 2018
VIA BRITISH VOGUE'S IPHONE APP

Last edited by a moderator:
Good look selling those tremendously hideous looks. God, the collection has better options instead of those ugly and old clothes.

I was expecting more to be honest.

The clothes look so unappealing. Meisel is known for making pieces look three times as luxurious so when this is the end result, you know you have a weird collection on your hands. That suit..

Now that they have him on board, I doubt Katie would let Meisel out of her sight. Mark my words, if he'll ever shoot Kendall it will be due to Katie.

Not sure why, but I rather like these shots. Very mid 00s, but agreed, it reminds me of Lanvin.

That suit on the right.. Christian Dior? :blink:

I quite like it... very true to the collection IMO!

The Rottweilers??? Meisel doing Klein.

So are those the girls who got the tragic haircuts for the show then? if so good for them getting the campaign and working with Meisel, because when I saw them on the runway I thought that hair would be detrimental for their career, but at least they got this in return

So weird that as MJ gradually draws into irrelevance, he manages to score Meisel for his campaigns. Last season was lovely, and whilst I appreciate the Lanvin F/W 09 meets Chris Von Wangenheim vibes here, the proportions of the suit in the second image and the generally blah casting makes me wonder why they bothered to call SM in.

Vanderperre working with the Kardashians and Meisel working with Katie Grand...have we reached rock bottom?

I don't think the poor models in this campaign would be skyrocketed into stardom. Sure it's by Meisel. But Katie Grand is such a scene girl trying to pander to the wrong type of crowd. I could go on with other variables they've got going on here to defend why getting a Marc Jacobs campaign these days is more of a setback but I think you all are already aware of them...

the one on the left looks a little awkward she is afraid of the dog I think, I don't blame her. The one on the right looks great.

I guess there creepy haircuts were kind of sacrifice for working with Meisel. I wonder if all 11 (or 13?) models will make it to campaign.
These girls are Anya Liagoshina and Nika Cole

It's ugly but it good I don't know why I felt it that way

They should have hired supermodels. These girls aren't strong or interesting enough to pull of this look. Besides the models, I like everything else. It's just a case of miscasting.

Not remarkable at all. If your company is in red you should find a way to make it relevant and these ugly haircuts are certainly not enough.

They should have hired supermodels. These girls aren't strong or interesting enough to pull of this look. Besides the models, I like everything else. It's just a case of miscasting.

Exactly. These nobodies don't do this campaign any favour. It could've been great, now it's just okay.

Am curious to see more though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->