Marc Jacobs Menswear

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Aug 11 2004, 07:20 PM
i can find better stuff in a thrift store for waaaaaaaay cheaper
[snapback]328807[/snapback]​

As why I said:

The main line is high priced, and is perfect for when one wants to go slumming with winos, and the homeless without feeling cheap.

This is such an interesting thread, I've never thought about his menswear line in that particular light. About 60-70% of my wardrobe in Marc by Marc; it suits me well, everything fits, it doesnt attract too much attention, there's nothing particularly precious about it. There's a slight sense of nostalgia, perhaps, in the colors or in some of the detailing. Some of it is more than a bit overpriced but then there will be somthing charming or quietly 'original' about it that will always get compliments, though I never look for that sort of thing. I don't know if it's very American but it seems in its proper place in New York. For me, the small, quiet details are cool and masculine, nothing is compromised, I never feel like an guinea pig for a designer.

That being said, I've spent a lot of time gazing and inspecting McQueen's lovely menswear and it's just luxury on a stick--though I think his customer probably seeks out a bit more attention than something from M. Jacobs would ultimately provide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->