Marc Jacobs Resort 2010

Spike413

barcode
Reaction score
NEW YORK, June 4, 2009

By Nicole Phelps

As ever at Marc Jacobs, the references and ideas came fast and furious. You could see Old Hollywood in the cropped jackets worn with bathing suit tops and high-waisted satin shorts, a touch of chinoiserie in the silk lamé pajama sets, perhaps a bit of Carmen Miranda in the toucan-print wrap dresses, and even a little of his home away from home, Paris, in the marinière tunic sweaters accented with flowers at the shoulder. The overall effect? Bright, upbeat, and equally suited for island or city. Jacobs also reworked the gold lamé micro-mini toga dress that Kate Moss wore to the Met gala. And why not? If there was ever a frock more likely to sell out, we can't think of it. As for the shoes (super-high wooden platform T-straps and sandals, some with floral appliqués) and the bags (including ones trimmed in semiprecious stones the size of gumballs), the covetability factor was plenty high, too.

01m.jpg
02m.jpg

03m.jpg
04m.jpg

05m.jpg
06m.jpg

style.com

I'm currently reading Alicia Drake's "The Beautiful Fall" and so all I see is Loulou de la Falaise borrowing the shoes Jodie Fisher wore in "Taxi Driver".

It's probably all b.s. that I'm projecting, but it's making me like what I see.

i see Prada, shades of Balmain, rehash what he did at Vuitton. which is basically redigested YSL.

interesting. not exactly gorgeous tho.

I do actually like it. Some pieces are very interesting, like the jackets for example.
I just didn't like the volumes.

some very cute pieces!! one of his better recent collections I would say....

I Really like it! But in my eyes, Marc can do no wrong.

The only thing I hate is the last outfit in post #2. Seriously Marc? Floural couches and 80 year old grannies on vacation are not good inspiration!!

But other than that, it's good imo.

^^ Ha ha ha...Floral couches aside, I love how you can take pieces and pair them up with something from your closet or you could just wear a t shirt with some of the pants and skirts and a variety of pants or skirts with some of the shirts.

especially love the kimono style dress with rope waist tie that jamie is wearing! but also a lot of the other peices are great!

I like it a lot, actually! Very summery, very fun. I think summer is the perfect time not to take clothes seriously and Marc captures that very well.

When he did the bat-wing sleeves, I wasn't a fan and I wasn't a fan of the kind of pseudo Hawaiian shirt look where he did the same pattern on top and bottom.

However, on the whole, I really liked this collection. I especially like his little structured jackets.

I feel like I've seen all of that before but yet I ADORE it, and I'm not a fan of MJ, but I love this.

Lovely, summer collection. Love the girlie dresses and the last one that already Kate Moss wore is so fantastic.

I'm currently reading Alicia Drake's "The Beautiful Fall" and so all I see is Loulou de la Falaise borrowing the shoes Jodie Fisher wore in "Taxi Driver".

It's probably all b.s. that I'm projecting, but it's making me like what I see.

I am reading the same book right now!

Anyways, nothing new, but absolutely adorable, youthful and marketable. I hate the last dress, but I love the variety he offers and easy-going sex appeal. The clothes are beautiful, and patterns work. I prefer Prada's approach to busy patterns, but these are also pretty and desirable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->