Marc Jacobs S/S 2007: Dakota Fanning by Juergen Teller

julesrules815

Be a good one
Reaction score
from wwd:
The year will kick off with a new advertising campaign for Jacobs featuring Dakota Fanning. The ads, which will break in February issues of W and Vogue, were shot by Juergen Teller on location in Los Angeles in mid-November. "Marc loves her as a character and thinks she is beautiful and a great actress," said Robert Duffy, president. "He loved the idea of having this young, small girl in the clothes, and we made them in her size to shoot her in."

2ve3.jpg
3ai2.jpg

wwd.com

It is, indeed, interesting. My first response was, "gee, I really hope he doesn't over sexualize her" and from the two pictures, it seems that he hasn't. To me personally, it has more of a "little girl dressing up in Mom's closet" feel.

that sounds really interesting
will she present the woman clothes??

this is so weird,this little kid dressed in marc's women's clothes?somehow it seems wrong 2 me

^^larien- i think she will wear the women's clothes. it says that they remade the clothes in her size.
^i think it is really weird also. why can't he use models?

I love Dakota and think she is absolutely adorable and a talented actress but this is just really quite bizarre.

But I suppose it's interesting and people will give the ad's a 2nd look because they are different.

although I hate the concept, I think the clothes do suit her..it's a childlike collection

I actually somewhat like the result, if you take out of context that she's wearing miniturized women's clothing. I think it would have been better and more whimsical if they hadn't sized down the clothes - then it would really have been a theme of little girl dresses up with mum's clothes (which is a bit twisted maybe, but also rather endearing).

Though, I have to wonder as a woman sometimes why I am marketed clothes I see on models childish in their thinness and now modeled by an actual child! :lol: (I don't to infringe upon any weight policies here, by the way.) I guess Teller gets to have his ironic poke of fun here.

While I do think the ads are very cute, one this is a little funny to me. So many people say they don't like 15 year old models because they're not a good representation of the clothes...but stick a 12(?) year old in them and TA-DA!

Oh my God! These are so cute! She looks so adorable and I love how it gives off a certain innocent and I'm-going-through-my-mom's-wardrobe vibe!

she looks alot younger than 12 in those pictures
She looks younger that 12 most of the time actually... :lol:

as an adult i do not want to wear clothes that look like they belong on a twelve year old...

i think this is TERRIBLE marketing strategy!...:ermm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->