Marc Jacobs Stella Bag

Discussion in 'Handbags' started by iheartmj, Dec 19, 2003.

1. jun3machina

jun3machina New Member

hey...but they charge so much for them, and you can get the same type of bag from cheap places...i have seen marc jacobs bags that i like...these are just not one of them. im just stating my opinion...and she asked for opinions. it wasn't super nasty, im just being honest. geez!

2. FashionFriendly

FashionFriendly New Member

I like the green and the black one. one of my friends has the black one and shes always carrying it around with her. The black one is very versatile, you can wear it with any kind and color of outfit.

3. lduv143

lduv143 New Member

i have a seafoam stella with the coral lining, and i love it. the problem is its too big though, its awkward to carry and i find i dont use it as much as i should for that price. i have often considered selling it but i cant because the color is so pretty. i get compliments every single time i carry it!

and BTW, i have never seen a bag as beautiful as the stella at target. maybe just a nasty-looking-cheap-stinky-fake-leather-bad-copy at best.....

4. jun3machina

jun3machina New Member

the design is what i was talking about, not the materials....

5. mammab

mammab New Member

Then be more specific in the future, otherwise you will offend a lot of people.

6. Luna

Luna offline.

Marc Jacobs was doing it way before Target copied it. :rolleyes: This happens to most bags.

7. Kora

Kora Active Member

8. Caffeine

Caffeine Active Member

then just say you do no like the design. those nasty comments are really unnecessary.

9. jun3machina

jun3machina New Member

well why would i be speaking about the leather. i meant the design, everyone knows you cannot get nice leather bags @ target. i meant the buckle details and the pockets...they seem kinda basic, design wise, and i've seen a few of these in person...just not my cup of tea.

10. kimair

kimair frozen

i have a black one that is perfect for travelling. it fits a bunch of mags, my cell phone, datebook, ipod, wallet, etc.

if you're going to be using it for everyday, i strongly suggest you don't get white. i have an eggshell (cream) sofia that looks totally beat up but i was also using it everyday for a while. a friend of mine has a white stella and it's very worn.

some of the colors for f/w05 are really nice, there's a great plum and a caramel-y color.

11. mammab

mammab New Member

I would just LOVE a plum Stella w/brass hardware (like his first styles). That would be the ultimate for me. He did a grape one, but I just wasn't digging the color too much along with the blue suede lining.

12. Eclecticbagz

Eclecticbagz New Member

hey, mama B! no, i got mine in april with the gray stitching like the pic above although the burgundy lining sounds awesome:rolleyes: you know how i like that "bordeaux" thing going on:D

13. mammab

mammab New Member

I know girlfriend, the bordeaux color is just amazing. period! I already have 2 b bags in that color and lookat me, I'm already thinking another color for MJ. :p

14. mellowdrama

mellowdrama 101st monkey airborne

The target/mossimo/coach are the copies of the stella style

...not the other way around. There's nothing offensive about shopping at Target! Not everyone can afford a $1,000 handbag! I can't understand why class issues are so offensive! Face it, we're not all rich here! And not all rich people care to buy luxury items, either. It's a handbag, not your identity! Lordy!:blink:

15. angel

angel New Member

huh? nobody was putting down anyone for shopping at Target. what they were putting down were the bags at Target which in their opinion are ugly. They were also talking about the fact that Target copies the designs of the big designers-which is kind of lame. they should come up with their own unique bags instead of ripping off someone else's hard work. I also dont recall anyone in this thread saying or even implying that their designer handbag was their "identity". Class was never an issue in this conversation, until you just made it so.

16. Luna

Luna offline.

:judge: :judge: :judge:

Let's get back on topic. :)

17. angel

angel New Member

judge Luna has spoken! :p

i always wanted a venetia in sap green, but my bf ridiculed it so that he made me doubt myself..which in a way i'm glad he did cuz the reason i found Balenciaga was that i decided to wait on the venetia..was flipping through a mag trying to figure out what else might be good when i saw a pic of i think sienna with her red one, and was immediately hooked. i'd still like a venetia someday tho..

18. Luna

Luna offline.

MJ is doing a really pretty dark blue... I'd only consider a stella in that color.

But the bag itself is so heavy... but that blue... Mmmm.

19. mammab

mammab New Member

That is the one thing that bothers me about MJ -- his bags are heavy to begin with, but that is something I have always tolerated b/c I just love the Stella.

Is there a color swatch of the MJ's? I'd love a red or a plum.

20. cloud9

cloud9 blue

hey.. if you can carry a paddington.. carrying stella shouldnt be a problem :p

i have a feeling :ninja: :innocent: that im finally gonna give in and buy a mj large multipocket bag this fall.. ive been wanting one ever since they first came out....when they go on sale for thanksgiving..... we'll see.... :rolleyes: