Unveil Yourself....
Reaction score
marchesa6.jpg
marchesa5.jpg

marchesa4.jpg
marchesa3.jpg

marchesa2.jpg
marchesa1.jpg

They can't do no wrong as far as I am concerned...

I'm SO sick of Marchesa... However, I can spy about 3 or 4 interesting looks.

As usual, I see more references to other designers than their own aesthetic.

I see Christian Dior by Galliano, a little Giambattista Valli, Dolce&Gabbana Spring 2009 and a tiny does of Alexander McQueen.

As usual, I see more references to other designers than their own aesthetic.

I see Christian Dior by Galliano, a little Giambattista Valli, Dolce&Gabbana Spring 2009 and a tiny does of Alexander McQueen.
And also Versace FW 08 :innocent:

Besides the fact that they rarely do anything that hasn't already been done, I hate how torturously worked their clothes are. They don't know when to stop, when to scale the silhouette back, when to stop the draping and pleating....

It's always waaaay too much. And I know, the Hollywood set is contractually obligated to wear Marchesa all the time, but I rarely ever think these "red carpet ready" designs actually look good on a red carpet.

i dont love it nor hate it. it's ...just too much. and repetitive. and expected and seen before. red-carpet ready, ok. but there's always a limit. there's also a limit on ripping off other designer's designs...

I have to admit that I love that second black dress, but as pretty as these dresses are (and they're not as pretty as they have been in previous seasons) they're all ripoffs. I'd love to see Chapman's 'inspiration board.' I have a feeling it'd just be a few Style.com printouts.

Also, how could you walk in that first gown? I think it'd be impossible without holding the front up...and this must be why they always just do presentations rather than shows!

Besides the fact that they rarely do anything that hasn't already been done, I hate how torturously worked their clothes are. They don't know when to stop, when to scale the silhouette back, when to stop the draping and pleating....

It's always waaaay too much. And I know, the Hollywood set is contractually obligated to wear Marchesa all the time, but I rarely ever think these "red carpet ready" designs actually look good on a red carpet.
I agree completely(sometimes).

I usually like it, but this is just bad, not one single thing i like here!

I remember reading that Georgina Chapman had been looking at a bunch of "art books" for inspiration, but she didn't specify which artists or periods. I personally don't see anything new or different from their usual fare. I can't wait to see these on all the celebrities, aka people who can't dress themselves.

With Marchesa, it always feels like they're jumping on the bandwagon instead of taking their own path. It never feels...authentic. While I appreciate that they're trying something different (for them at least) with some of the shapes, the fur, the pant-looks... it's just too much at the same time!! I'm getting dizzy trying to figure out a theme/guideline/point of view :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camerontroy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->