Marchesa F/W 09.10 New York

the model casting and hair and make-up is horrendous. the mediocrity of both takes away from the collection. i also feel the collection is not cohesive.

TOO much going on :blink:. And the silhouette looks like a cheap version of McQueen's.

All of those ribbons remind me of Viktor and Rolf circa 05, except, you know, not funny.

I don't know, most of their clothes look ridiculous to me. Not glamorous. Not dramatic. Not even eccentric. Just ridiculous.

MarchesaPresentationFall09MBFWo6nhp.jpg
MarchesaPresentationFall09MBFWXxtKS.jpg

MarchesaPresentationFall09MBFWTGE2Y.jpg
MarchesaPresentationFall09MBFWBR2KS.jpg

MarchesaPresentationFall09MBFWNcnzn.jpg
MarchesaPresentationFall09MBFWNoD8m.jpg

zimbio.com

thanks for the HQs :flower:

unfortunately Marchesa is....like over sticky, sickly sweet cough syrup...

taken in small doses, and only when one is forced to (ie. when Harvey Weinstein *suggests* an actress wears one of his wife's designs) :innocent:

I like how pretty and romantic Marchesa collections are, but after 3 collections, they seem like stretched versions of one collection.
I don't know why and maybe it's just me getting fed up with Marchesa but some embellishments, tulle overlays and ribbons look particularly tacky and over done. I think it would be nice to see some simple and elegant gowns and dresses from Marchesa.
I still find this collection pretty though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually find this so different from other Marchesa collections -I think it has a harder edge and is less 'safe'. There's not that much here that is uncomplicatedly pretty. I really like it, although a lot of the looks don't quite work.

I really like the draped corset top and skinny pants look. Fully intend to wear something similar at first given opportunity.

i see the second black dress is a fall spin-off of their oragami-esque dress from last season. hmm.
i am actually a big fan of marchesa, even if it is not terribly original you cannot deny how utterly delicious the work usually is to look at.
this collection, however, i don't know. it's all so jumbled.. that purple coat dress? really?
i see some nice dresses though (the shredded pink minidress, the tan embellished one).

EDIT: i hadn't seen the third page, so i guess i jumped to conclusions. i always love the minidresses marchesa creates, and this collection clearly did not let down. i can do without some of the full length and pantsuits, but i wouldn't totally write this season off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->