Mariah Carey blames the Chanel dress, not the Popcorn

Heroin_Chic

Reaction score
Mariah Carey's savoury character

February 22, 2006, 3:19:58
Mariah_Carey_sony.jpg
Mariah Carey insists on having popcorn in her dressing room before she performs.
The pop diva, famed for her outlandish backstage demands, reportedly requests that bags of the sweet snack are available for her to much on before and after her shows.
A source told Britain's Daily Express newspaper: "When she was promoting her last single in the UK, she asked for Butterkist toffee popcorn in her dressing room."
Meanwhile, Mariah has blamed her Chanel dress for her imperfect appearance at the recent Golden Globe awards. On the night, US fashion expert David Evangelista said the 'Hero' singer's plunging black number "looked like a wine bottle opener".
Now Carey has hit back, blaming the outfit's figure-hugging fabric.

She fumed: "Satin is very unforgiving. "What was I going to do? Call Karl Legerfeld and say, 'Can you please make it out of matte jersey instead?'"

Source: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/87062004.htm

:lol: Oh Mariah...

They cant even get Karl's name right..

To be honest, it doesnt sound like she really is blaming the Chanel dress..:huh:

:lol::lol::lol: oh Mariah, you're insane.

Seriously though, it was not the fabric that made you look like a size 10 stuffed into a size 2, it's the fact that you are a size 10 stuffing yourself into a size 2.

Mariah is nowhere near a size 10..... I've seen her in person , and she's tiny. She just looks big on camera because she's SO tall, like 5'9 plus heels.

wine bottle opener with enormous plastic boobies... sounds like a new kitchen item designed by Robert Williams for Alessi... :wink:

Spike413 said:
:lol::lol::lol: oh Mariah, you're insane.

Seriously though, it was not the fabric that made you look like a size 10 stuffed into a size 2, it's the fact that you are a size 10 stuffing yourself into a size 2.

Pretty much. And if satin is so unforgiving, maybe she should stay far away from it. :shock:

when she begins to throw up/miss meals or get on the Jenny Crank diet like the hollywood starlets- then she'll be worthy of praise.

She isn't tiny at all, she's 5'8", broad shouldered and pretty damn muscular. I can't blame her for not wanting to hit the gym too often. But I wish she had picked a better dress.

Heroin_Chic said:
"What was I going to do? Call Karl Legerfeld and say, 'Can you please make it out of matte jersey instead?'"
it's haute couture....of course you could've, mimi..... but i would've gone for a different dress entirely... :wink:

Hum ...Mariah always look ...erm ... stout ... I'd shread a few pounds (actually, a lot) if I was her

i wonder if she read the whole reese witherspoon thing with chanel and decided that if everyone is blaming them...she may as well jump on the bandwagon while people will be behind it :lol:

oolie coco said:
Mariah is nowhere near a size 10..... I've seen her in person , and she's tiny. She just looks big on camera because she's SO tall, like 5'9 plus heels.
LOL:lol: are you Mariah? Are you?! Because you just typed something that maybe Mariah would say because she's in denial about her weight gain. Plus it sounds just silly to say something like that. I guess then, Gemma Ward, Doutzen Kroes, Daria Werbowy, etc, etc, must look big on camera too beause they are 5'9" - 6" feet tall......:innocent: :rolleyes:

She's a full figured girl still shopping in the Juniors section. A lot of women have this problem, they can't quite get a grasp of the fact that they're not Juniors, it just happens that Mariah is in the public eye and looks like a sausage most of the time. Im sure when she goes to a designer shop she's like, "I want that one...on the mannequin!! Im a four!"

That Chanel dress she wore was sooo un-Chanel, the only giveaway was the fact that it was black and had a bow in the back...and that she said it was Chanel.

Jesus Christ, I wish people would just leave Mariah Carey alone. This woman could cure cancer but people would still call her fat, suicidal and crazy. I feel bad that she has to constantly defend herself against all these remarks about her weight. How demeaning.
I see no reason for her to lose weight. It's not like she's deathly obese, and from what I can tell, she looks great and healthy.

ChinaLove said:
Jesus Christ, I wish people would just leave Mariah Carey alone. This woman could cure cancer but people would still call her fat, suicidal and crazy. I feel bad that she has to constantly defend herself against all these remarks about her weight. How demeaning.
I see no reason for her to lose weight. It's not like she's deathly obese, and from what I can tell, she looks great and healthy.

I agree 100%

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d1rtb4g
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->