Marianne Faithfull's life to be turned into film

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by Scott, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

http://www.newkerala.com/nkfullnews-1-3432.html

2. harmonious

harmonious New Member

Ooh, I'll definitely give this a watch.

3. Scott

since marianne is giving this the go and is reading the scripts and everything,i think it could be fantastic. i hope it's as good quality as control the film about ian curtis.

4. SundayMornings

SundayMornings New Member

OOOH, this is intriguing! I was a fan of hers when I was younger. Haven't listened to her stuff in years though. I always thought she was pretty cool. Rocker chick, ex-gf of Jagger and all.

5. brokenenglish

brokenenglish Deep Red Bells

Just please don't let them cast Sienna Miller:ninja:

6. Scott

oh that would be horrid!! and i hope it's not some boring over-hyped american actress either,like kirsten dunst or somebody. :sick:

i wonder who would be great in that role?

7. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

The actress they choose will definitely determine the kind of film they're trying to achieve, I also hope it's not someone with more tabloid press than known acting abilities, I can't even think of someone that could display Marianne's appeal on screen but I'd go with Scott on this one, they should preferably give the role to someone technically untouched by the celebrity scene, some kind of Sam Riley, I hope, he was good as Ian and believable partly because you didn't associate him with gossip or previous hype..

8. Scott

^i loved that film so much. best biopic i've ever seen. and i do think it was largely to with the acting and choice of actor to portray ian.

you know who i was thinking about? the lovely actress,natalie press,from my summer of love who played tamsin opposite of emily blunt. just a thought.

9. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

wow, Scott :lol: , I had to google her as I haven't seen her films yet and there's definitely a strong potential at least in looks there, and the Brit factor!.

10. Label Basher

Label Basher New Member

I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand it will be great. Her 1994 bio is amazing I recommend it to everyone. I knew her story would get made into a movie one day.

But then on the other I feel certain people will want to ruin it like Mick Jagger. I just have a feeling he would bad mouth it.

I hope this doesn't sound terrible but I'd rather they wait.

11. Scott

oh she was very good in my summer of love. very complex character she played and she pulled it off rather well. i actually thought her acting was better than blunt's.

12. MissMagAddict

MissMagAddict The future is stupid

A movie like Control doesn't come around very often & I just can't help but think this movie would be a complete disaster. She's not getting involved because either she knows it will be a disaster or she signed away her rights when she sold it. Either way... I don't blame her for wanting money.