Marie Claire China March 2023 : Xiao Wen Ju by Liu Song

This is not something that is new for us in these Chinese magazines or for Xiao, besides not being amazing, is good!

But the question is: How does a magazine like MARIE CLAIRE CHINA is manage to produce something like this in a studio and Vogue that it has the best professionals in all areas, doesn't it?

I'm waiting for the answer...

Ju Xiao Wen always does the job well. Always.

Vogue that it has the best professionals in all areas

But that is no longer the case though, is it? Pavarotti, Comte, Porodina, Ghertner, Dodgson, Jacobs etc. are hardly the best professionals. They're what's left after all the actual best professionals you refer to either died or simply disappeared (or worse, degraded). Stylist area is the same, Karefa-Johnson and Phelan are far from Carlyne, Carine or Grace. It's the new age, and it's a sh*t one.

I feel like I've seen this exact story with Xiao Wen Ju a million times by now, but it doesn't feel tired at all. Beautiful images!

I feel like I've seen this exact story with Xiao Wen Ju a million times by now, but it doesn't feel tired at all. Beautiful images!

Chinese magazines love her in a whimsical/quirky/ethereal/elfin sort of style

But that is no longer the case though, is it? Pavarotti, Comte, Porodina, Ghertner, Dodgson, Jacobs etc. are hardly the best professionals. They're what's left after all the actual best professionals you refer to either died or simply disappeared (or worse, degraded). Stylist area is the same, Karefa-Johnson and Phelan are far from Carlyne, Carine or Grace. It's the new age, and it's a sh*t one. I feel like I've seen this exact story with Xiao Wen Ju a million times by now, but it doesn't feel tired at all. Beautiful images!

So true, now that Meisel doesn't work for US Vogue, Patrick Demarchelier and Lindbergh are dead, Testino has been exiled, Annie Leibowitz is a joke, Alexi Lubomirski vanished from Fashion.
So it's why we only have s*it talents in their place with no vision and lots of photoshop.
I like Mert and Marcus or Inez and Vinoodh but they are super predictable and abuse of retouching.
So we have NO ONE left that is good in the western world in the photography for high end fashion magazines.
In a way I'm glad to see the great emergence from Asian photographers but it's true that they repeat over and over the same shoots.

Xiao! One of the greatest! This is fashion photography that inspires.

So it's why we only have s*it talents in their place with no vision and lots of photoshop.
Worse than that, those are just a uninspired, obvious copycat of someone in the past. People could complain about Meisel being blatantly Avedon but he set the whole standard that Hugo Comte’s career bases on.

Main story is incredible. So many stunning shots.

That close up shot with the red petal hat and white background is perfection. The editorials feel like stuff I've seen before, but they're still great.

I think most photographers, at least in the west, have abandoned technique and just attempt to fix their mistakes in photoshop because it's easier than actually doing the work of a photographer. And everyone having a camera and some editing software makes them think they're some photography expert, that certainly isn't helping to elevate the art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FR758
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->