Marieke van de Braak

CharlottefromCA

User Friendly
Reaction score
Gorgeous new dutch girl featured on models.com.. represented by Profile management

Full Name: Marieke van de Braak

Hair:Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 180 cm / 5’11″
Bust: 84 cm / 33″
Waist: 61 cm / 24″
Hips: 91 cm / 36″

Place of Origin: Leicester, UK

Date of Birth: February 19

AGENCIES

Mother Agency: PROFILE MODEL MGMT

e96ps9.jpg

sbk5lz.jpg

20p4ps6.jpg

e6wpd3.jpg

source: models.com

Very Dutch look. Someone I wonder if every woman/girl in the Netherlands is represented by an agency. It's insane ..

here is some more info and pictures from models

Discovered at Hunstanton Tennis Week with her friends, Marieke was born in Leiceister, Uk, but her parents are both Dutch. And her Netherlands heritage shines through – fabulous blonde tresses, Delft blue eyes and fresh faced, bucolic innocence. Having just finished her GCSE exams, Marieke will now be working full time over the summer. Brand new, with only two test shoots, and seeing only select clients, this girl is ready to break through – be on the look out for this standout.

models.com

here is a little interview and some polas

Where were you scouted?
I was scouted at Hunstanton Tennis Tournament, last summer
Favourite thing about London?
Either the shops, or the underground. You always see really interesting people on the tube! Last time, I saw a massive group of people all dressed up as Harry Potter characters..
Modelling dream?
To go abroad for a big shoot, or to go to Paris or any of the big fashion weeks!
Model you most admire?
Claudia Schiffer, because she still finished all her studies before modelling – living proof that models can be clever!
Describe your off duty look
Simply jeans, t shirt and a baggy jumper… Or short shorts! (it is summer, after all…)
Ideal day off:
Definitely at the beach, with a good book. But considering we live in England, curled up on the couch with my music and a book is perfect too
Nickname:
God there are so many! Meeki, Marrakech, Kiki, Mazzy, Marek… The list goes on!
Designer/brand I wear:
I don’t wear many brands, I more a high street gal :wink: But I do own a wicked pair of bright orange jeans from Jaeger!
Designer/brand I wish I could wear/afford!:
Louboutins, definitely! They’re just so… phwoaar
Place I need to visit:
Paris. The fact that I was going to move to France 2 years ago, but I’ve never been to Paris! It’s appalling. And I also want to go back to the States
My friends would describe me as:
Crazy, loud, outgoing, LOUD... And loud again!
Handbag essential:
A bottle of water, my phone (I know I shouldn’t be, but I really am addicted to it) and lipbalm!
Best thing about the industry:
The amazing people I get to meet!
Worst thing about the industry:
Early mornings? Haven’t experienced too many of those so far though
If I wasn’t modelling I would
I’d be training to become an editor or publiscist. I want to find the next Harry Potter!

profilemodelslondon

she did a shoot with other newbies on the profile management board, photographed by cameron james wilson. she is also on twitter- @Marieke_Braak

Profile Models facebook page

from elle uk website

At ELLE, the fashion team loves working with the world’s most established models – Coco Rocha , Chanel Iman and Marloes Horst have all graced our pages in recent issues – but every now and again a new face comes along that makes us go all, ‘Stop the press! Who is that?’

Right now, our fashion ladies are in Sweden (it’s a hard life, but someone’s got to etc. etc.) shooting a major story for our January 2013 issue, starring 16-year-old model Marieke van de Braak. It’s not like it’s one of her first jobs. It IS her first job.

Fashion director Anne-Marie Curtis (aka @AMCELLE ) says: ‘Usually I know the girls I’m booking already but when I saw images of Marieke I had to see her. There was something about her face that was just totally mesmerising. Strong but classically beautiful as well, in a Dutch old masters kind of way.’

That’s possibly because Marieke is indeed of Dutch parentage, though born and brought up in Leicester. She was spotted last August and signed immediately to Profile Model Management. She cites Claudia Schiffer as an inspiration for the mightily sensible reason that she ‘finished all her studies before modelling’.

New she might be, but word from AMC is that she’s already a pro. ‘I explained what we need her to project: a strong, womanly, YSL-inspired character. I don't really think I needed to be honest because on set she just got it immediately. Looking through the first shot we knew we had our girl.’

ELLE’s got form with new talent – guess who was first to put Naomi Campbell on their cover – so remember: you saw Marieke here first.

new images on profile website
145.jpg

141.jpg

132.jpg

146.jpg

profilemodels.com

Elle Russia February 2013 HQs
ph: Enrique Badulescu
st: Anne-Marie Curtis
model: Marieke van de Braak
hair: Ali Pirzadeh
make-up: Andrew Gallimore
nails:Hanna Cecilia

Scanned by Stereo_Flo

I saw her on Rapax yesterday. For me, there's something very interesting and inspiring about the face. Not necessarily the most earth-shattering of looks, but there is a great potential with Marieke (not to mention the praise from her first shoot tells us that she at leasts gets it in front of a camera).

Anything new from Marieke?

Balenciaga Fall/Winter 2013.14 Paris

style

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"