Marine Serre F/W 2024.25 Paris

Some pieces are very curious, like the bolero hoodie (?) at look 33. Nice to see a colorful winter collection.

Two things I like about her is that she's a fun female designer, reminds me of Donatella. And that she does what she does without cinycism.

The look on Kate and the look before that are great.
I don’t care that much for the rest.
I think her work lately is more about cementing her brand as a commercially viable entity than being part of the fashion conversation.
I don’t know how long she will manage to just exist with this kind of collections though.

why do designers resort to copying balenciaga in their logo/monogram when they run out of ideas?
To be fair, she was part of that original Balenciaga by Demna team so it’s part of her design language…Even if that aesthetic as a whole has run it course.

The look on Kate and the look before that are great.
I don’t care that much for the rest.
I think her work lately is more about cementing her brand as a commercially viable entity than being part of the fashion conversation.
I don’t know how long she will manage to just exist with this kind of collections though.

To be fair, she was part of that original Balenciaga by Demna team so it’s part of her design language…Even if that aesthetic as a whole has run it course.

That's not Kate Moss lol, that's Denise Ohnona, who goes by “@imnotkatemoss” on Instagram:

Certainly more toned down. To the point where it does make you wonder if there's much longevity or even a point to the collections and even her brand because really, once you have a couple of Marine moon prints you kind of have them all...

What this collection does show is that when it comes to classic pieces, the more timeless wardrobe additions she really isn't very good at them. Unless it's a printed jersey, she really doesn't know her way around a dress either.

this is a really good collection, maybe my favourite ever of hers.

Quite like this collection for this feeling of refreshing light-heartedness (does that mean anything else than ringing good and right to my own ears haha). The bright purple-ish items would have been my alpha and omega, my ultimate dream in my childhood, would have worn them everyday back then and even sleep dressed liked that!

Got some fun with the "Fake Moss" part of it too. Even if my attention was grabbed by the red-haired model, asking myself "who's that (strikingly lovely) one" until I realized it was Delilah Koch with a new hairdo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->