Marios Schwab Resort 2014

Prairie

Reaction score
“There is beauty in something you really love breaking,” said Marios Schwab, whose resort collection started with broken-and-stapled-back-together porcelain pieces found in London’s Victoria & Albert Museum. He translated cracked porcelain into necklines and seams on dresses and skirts that opened to reveal petals made from heat-treated plastic sequins, and reinterpreted staples as metal bar hardware used to punctuate seams and tack cape sleeves to dresses. A femme fatale quotient, played up in lace skirts inspired by Marcello Mastroianni’s “La Notte,” was offset by the tomboyish touch of bomber jackets done in a laser-cut camouflage pattern.

wwd

Feels like Lanvin in some place, but this is a good thing. I like this a lot !

A few very questionable looks here (that thing in the third picture, the sheer skirt over pants look in the last picture) but overall this is OK and it makes sense as a Resort collection. Looks like more casual versions of some of his signature pieces. I do miss the sexiness here, I feel like this collection looks much more conservative in this lookbook than it's supposed to. Or maybe it's just the lengths and the drab colors. It's really not bad, though. My favorite looks are the ones with the khaki colored skirts, especially the one with the sheer top and tan leather jacket.

This is probably the best resort collection of the season, & I usually don't like Mario that much. Every piece is AMAZING!! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->