Marni F/W 2018.19 Milan

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Feb 25, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

4. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

I very much enjoyed this collection. The coats with the cat prints are probably my favourite! I think I’ve fallen in love with Marni again!

5. vetements

vetements Member

I am still warming up to a ‘curvy’ Marni :(

6. biagiolr

biagiolr Member

The idea of this collection doesn't seem coherent, in my opinion. I can see two irreconcilable point of view here. Although some beautiful single pieces, the result isn't exciting to me.

7. Creative

Creative Well-Known Member

He's quite good.

8. christian zh

christian zh Well-Known Member

Anyway, I still miss Consuelo.

9. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

The very first collection that I liked from Marni under Rizzo. Still something "wanna be Miuccia" going on and I definitely would get rid off some pieces - like the oversized pieces on post #2, WTF was this? -, but for the first time the clothes looked like Marni, so, congrats. I got a felling that this collection will grow a lot in me.

#9 ghostwriter10549, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Silver_Hippie: Feb 25, 2018
  10. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

celine on acid :lol:

i do like it though. really love the plastic blue.

11. charmedp321

charmedp321 Active Member

Another collection with fabulous coats. His use of color and texture is proving to be exciting every season. I'm totally sold on him now.

The set was cool and the cast was A+ as well. Good job Marni team.

12. kenndale

kenndale Active Member

It’s a good collection but a couple looks look very Rodarte/Balenciaga.

13. StoneSkipper

StoneSkipper Well-Known Member

Now this I can get behind! He's finally arrived, it seems. I really like this. His use of color really is spot-on here, and I love the split looks, for some reason.

14. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

This is quite hard for me. I'm still pissed off about what happened to this brand and Consuelo. I literally cried when this guy made his debut. It was incredibly sad and forced. That's maybe why I'm not so into this: I seriously think that something changed. The person who designed Marni FW 17 is not the same person that designed this. Conspiracy theory (LOL): They just hired someone with real talent for the team or Renzo told him: This is not good. We're not selling. You need to leave your own delirium and take a look at the Marni archive. Probably the second one.

It's the first time that the team understood the brand where are they working. The best collection of Milan. Period. Everything is on point, there are a lot of terrific clothes. The palette is really appealing, the styling helped a lot. I'm particularly obssesed with the knitted tank over the sweater and the black leather pants. Undeniably cool. They also used recycled fabrics, which means a lot for our very conscious era. Although I applaud the effort, I'm not saying that Francisco and his team are genius. The collection looks good BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE A MARNI COLLECTION AND NOT LIKE A HIPPIE ACID TRIP.

Still, I prefer the old Marni. There is something here that doesn't feel natural for me. It looks like a proper collection for the brand of course but something is missing. On my eyes, he's a poser. A guy who's trying to be Consuelo, Miuccia and Rei at the same time. And after the essay wrote by Lucinda, I'm not very fond about his personality. Steal the chance to someone from the team that possibly worked for years there just because you're friend of Anna W? Tacky.

Call me naive because even when I know that sadly the world works in that way, I'm seriously against those attitudes.

15. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

This is honestly quite fabulous.

There are so many impactful looks here. That’s important in this day and age of viewing collections on a phone screen. However, unlike so many of his contemporaries, there’s actually substance here to back up to visual punch. That’s a feat! There are a few of the half-looks that are a bit messy, in my opinion, but on the whole...there is so much to love here.

The casting is gorgeous, the styling is great, the shoes are chic (I love those prep-toe d’Orsay pumps), and all in all...these models look genuinely attractive in these clothes. That green cat printed coat and skirt suit with the knitted balaclava look is so beyond glam.

This is what Prada should be. Good for Marni.

#15 dior_couture1245, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Paralled: Feb 25, 2018
  16. tatouejeremie

tatouejeremie Active Member

feels a bit like an italian version of jacquemus, corny ideas done in 'rich' fabrics. funny how some reviewers are calling this 'experimental' while the idea of doing collage garments has been done to death already.

at least with gucci you can take the looks apart and you'll have items that have a place in reality, i don't see that here. it's all too much and how many women want to pay to price to look so extreme?

17. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I thought it started off strong, then it lost me at some point and then it ended on a strong note again. I was not a fan of his two previous collections but this is not bad, really. It's much more in tune with what Marni was, it is more fluent - I absolutely love all the ruched dresses, the knits look great, the colors are appealing. I'd get rid of the droopy, oversized items but it looks like they are his passion, so I'll let them slide.

18. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

Absolutely love textures and colours he's used here, especially the different hues of blue. While it's certainly different to Consuela's vision for Marni, this direction he's headed down looks quite promising.

Overall it's a solid collection and the casting is fantastic too!

19. Pricciao

Pricciao Well-Known Member

It looks like Kenzo by Opening Ceremony.
    don't get the appeal of any of these. Never get Opening Ceremony or recent Kenzo.

20. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Well-Known Member

hurts my eyes