Marni F/W 2018.19

Kinda looks like Hawkesworth. Looks like another Milan brand having British identity crisis.

The brand i used to like...
So generic.

This was a great collection. The campaign does not do it it justice.

It's just blend into every other generic fashion campaign in your latest Vogue magazine. Honestly, don't brands think about this? Setting their campaigns apart not only for the rest, but also from the magazine's content?

This definitely looks like Jamie's work but I want to see more photos because this is quite disappointing. The images by themselves are quite nice and I particularly like the shot with the boy. However, there isn't anything particularly 'Marni' at all about them.

It's definitely Hawkesworth, the coloring is the last picture is unmistakably his as is the posing. The first one is the direction he should have taken for the rest, it feels real , like something you would find in a family album. but with a trace of that bourgie italian vibe that is the essence of Marni. The last one I find gorgeous but it doesn't fit with the brand. I love how he shoots the eyes of his subjects they sparkle with tenderness and draw you in.

I miss the days when MARNI didn't shoot ad campaigns. And the rare images I did come across in my 90s magazines (namely Stella Tennant by Testino) radiated intoxicating glamour.

Take away the MARNI logo here and you're left with unremarkable, throw-away, test shots best hurled as trash can fodder.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->