Marni S/ S 05

some more

00040f.jpg

00060f.jpg

Not a fan.....don't like the shoes....nope, not a fan...

there seems to be no mens piece this time round. too bad.

absolutely adorable, i want almost every single piece posted

thanks so much runner

(sad there are no mens pieces this time around..)

092904_38.jpg

Marni: It seems as if there’s plenty to be optimistic about chez Marni, where during the past 11 years, Consuelo Castiglione has turned her vision of fashion’s pretty bohemian into a marketable and highly recognizable brand. Her tried and true Marni-isms — the retro prints, bracelet-sleeved jackets and girly party dresses — have gone global. Marni’s not a moment, it’s a mainstay. And while at one time, Castiglione tinkered with its proportions, its mood, even that unsinkable feel-good vibe, this time she sent out a quintessentially Marni collection. Why fight it?

Spring’s sunny attitude meant Fifties-style car coats, dandyish cropped pants and stiff A-line skirts that came all tied together with a jeweled ribbon belt. Castiglione mixed and matched plaids, worked the stripes, decorated her signature cropped jackets with tiny pouch pockets and threw in splashy tiki prints for good measure. When things got too cute for comfort, with stiff cotton dresses and skirts that rumpled and bulged, carefree turned to careless and lacked the polish of last season’s pitch-perfect approach. After all, a heavy burlap ballgown decorated with appliquéd birds isn’t for everyone. Fortunately, however, the rest of Castiglione’s evening looks, silk gowns in powdery iridescent colors, took things in a graceful new direction.

from wwd :flower:

glad they are not mentioning the horrid shoes :lol:

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 28 2004, 10:28 PM
absolutely....anyone who can remember back more than i season will see that this is signature marni while miuccia has just jumped on the bandwagon...along with marc jacobs...(who's a little late to the party as far as i'm concerned)

I didn't know much about Marni. Many thanks, Softgrey and Metal for explaining:-)

thanks Lena for WWD review

from the first (?) Marni home collection which just arrived at Tokyo store.

Marni have also been designing beautiful rugs for The Rug Company in london. I would love one. They are so gorgeous.

Originally posted by runner@Sep 29 2004, 12:57 AM
there seems to be no mens piece this time round. too bad.
[snapback]379028[/snapback]​

i don't think her vision for men matches up with the sensibilites of the moment (aka i don't think it sells well) but it would have been nice to see, though... :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->