Marni S/S 11 Milan

^ So true! None of it is wearable, and marni goes out of control with all the mismatch of colors and patterns

i don't know i think it will take some time for me to like this the sequins are nice though

I love how everybody hates the collection, while I personally adore it :P It brought this fantastic, fresh quirkiness that I didn't get at the not exactly appealing Prada show and I love how so many inspiration are coming through each other in such a brilliant mix. My favourite part are the long, printed jumpsuits/dresses on Anaïs and Daiane and the closing sequined pieces, amazing!

x610b.jpg

daylife.com

Plus I adore Consuelo's own outfit. Great.

Like everyone said, very Marni... Still a bit too crowded...

it looks like Miu Miu FW08 done in Marni way. I like onlypieces of the collection. What a huge disappointment!

after digesting it a bit, which i should realize i need to do with marni, everytime before reacting. ;-)
while still not warming up to the scuba trimmed theme and i find the hip ruffles a distraction there are some really good jolts of energy.

these especially...
style.it

Attachments

• 00080h.jpg
    00080h.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 5
  • 00170h.jpg
    00170h.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 00190h.jpg
    00190h.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 00400h.jpg
    00400h.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 00270h.jpg
    00270h.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 4
Marni always gets ever so close to being tacky/doubty but they always seem to pull out an amazing show and this season was no different..Is there a scuba reference? I loved the sequins pieces at the end, gorgeous! Also maybe its just me but it looked a little like Balenciaga at times.

I never care for the actual presentations at Marni, it's always about the accessories and I think most of the clothes work well separately.

^ yep, i agree. most of the clothes work well separately.
i like this collection a lot but i must say i see some looks very similar to miu miu f/w 08 collection :innocent:

i don't like it at all. there are inspirations i don't get, it's messy and unefficient to me

Like Lola said, everything will work so well seperately.
Some incredible seperates here, inventive yet wearable - the perfect mix.
I feel a bit nauseous when we get to the major prints towards the end and the confusing outlined patterns, but I adore the jackets and dresses with the large eyelets tied together with black ribbon.
Just imagine the clothes you could wear with that lazer-cut leather coat, and though you can see the model's breasts through that one navy coat, it is so wearable off the runway.
I love how Castiglioni has cheekily given us the knee-length hemline in shorts and keeps the shorter skirt over the top.
I fricken love Marni because Castiglioni can present this crazy-looking collection and yet provide a wardrobe you cannot find anywhere else, full of utterly appropriate, on-trend clothes.

^ agree with most everything you said CD except that (^_^) Marni isnt "on trend" as much as Marni is a starting point for trend making. free thinker vs. imitator :flower:

I think that there are 2 groups of people:first adore Marni style and second hate it. I love Marni especially marni bags and shoes. That's why I say that I like this collection

kudos to consuelo castiglioni for continuing to push the boundaries, but this sportswear stuff didn't do its job as well as it did at bottega a year ago and it does not fall into the marni aesthetic in the main. i miss the days when monied models and superrich socialites mixed and matched the eccentric marni to a hilt creating this cloud of fabulosity that got marni to the place it is now. while i commend her for trying to re-create that in a new way, this did not do it at all. and in a season with seventies' undercurrents, marni missed a great moment to do that in an authentic way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cclicker9
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"